The End of VOOM?

There's been some discussion of the SD facility they are buying - can't say if this answers everything, but here's something I read at CNN:

"EchoStar, which has a TV satellite at the Rainbow 1 location broadcasting DISH Network TV programming, also said that as part of the transaction it will acquire Rainbow's ground facilities and other assets in Black Hawk, S.D."

kelljc said:
Newbie"ls Don't listen to the gloom and Doom: Sean:Bfg and other's can't anwser 1 simple question: Why Did Dish Buy form Voom for 200 mil Transponders they leased to Voom??. and what about Amc6 that Voom Leased 13 tp from> voom is not done. I hope

There are two seperate satellites at 61.5 One is owned by Dish. The newest one is /was owned by Voom. E* is not buying slots that they had leased to Voom. They are buying a more advanced satellite with MPEG4 capabilities and approved licensing. Remains to be seen if the FCC will allow them to buy and operate under those licenses.

I just noticed you have over 2100 post's were they all as stupid as your anwer to me

kelljc said:
Sean: I have a question: why to u let people like Bfg: say that get 61.5 and 99% of all dish sub's can't. without question's.

You guys are ranting about 61.5. That's not the issue here. The issue is VOOM really dead after selling the 61.5 location. Is the 61.5 location gone? If they are not shutting down, what are the alternatives (if any). Will there be decrease in programming? What are the plans (one way or another)? Let's get back to topic and forget about anything else.

What they heck are you talking about. I've tried answering you I guess you don't get it. You also don't communicate well to begin with. Why don't you start a new thread if you want me to explain 61.5 to you....

No personal attacks please. I will start deleting people's posts if it continues. Let's get back to topic.

Bfg: you don't know anything about Sat"s. if you did you would at leat be honest?

kelljc said:
The gov only give 1 slot for each sat, not 2 or 3

It is not like they are neighbors up there, they are a 'few' miles apart

kelljc said:
How will that help the 26000 sub's without all of the truth::::

Sean I know you do not want any attacks, but it's worse then trying to explain things to my 9 year old.

Yes can you please get rid of all of this. I got rid of all of my posts, because it was a waste of time...

hbk409 said:
I have a couple of questions all hypothetical

1)Would it have been possible before the sale of voom, for charles to take cablevision private? cox did this a few months back, then he could have done whatever he would like with both companies and really would only have to answer to himself.

2)is it possible that charles will go to dish to try and get their HD up to where voom's was?

3)All the stock journalist and analyst be wrong and that most of cablevisions stock value is from what people saw the stock could be if and when voom was successful? Is it now possible that the stock instead of jumping like most will assume will actually take a hit?

4)What if the FCC or the SEC does not approve the deal for whatever reason, and says they can not sell the satellite business to another dbs company? then what happens

nobody has even tried to answer any of these questions? I also post about ultra hd being on cablevision channel 174 no one commented on that either. just think its very stange that an exclusive channel on voom also had programming shown on cablevision

My question :: Why Did Echo buy back from Voom the Transponder's they org. leased to Voom For 200 mil. when 99% of all Dish Sub's Can't Recieve this Bird:. simple question complex answer, Have posted that same question 5 time's. with not good reply

JaydeeD said:
Just a quick note on the continued use of the recievers as OTA tuners

The recieevers need to recieve an authorization on a continual basis to contine working, usually every 2 weeks to a month or when you change your programming

This being said, if Voom dies, (and I am still hoping that ther old man pitches a fit and kills his kid and the board) then within 2 weeks to a month, the authorization on your reciever will expire, and the OTA portion will no longer function

Possibly incorrect. I had a Voom box unplugged for almost a month and a half that was still just fine when I plugged it back in without the sat link. As long as you pull the sat link before the card gets the kill signal it will continue to function. I'm not saying it will do so forever, but we'll see since I just pulled the plug on one of my Voom receivers ;). Worse comes to worse maybe I can sell them for a couple bucks to someone who needs a cheap OTA tuner.

kelljc said:
My question :: Why Did Echo buy back from Voom the Transponder's they org. leased to Voom For 200 mil. when 99% of all Dish Sub's Can't Recieve this Bird:. simple question complex answer, Have posted that same question 5 time's. with not good reply

I did answer, go back and read.
ALD.gif

Kelljc, Dish did NOT lease any thing to Voom. They have bought something that they did not have before and can use. Your question has been answered several times already. And MOST dish customers CAN receive 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)