The End of VOOM?

You could be correct but what launch vehicle what both Satellite's on: and which country lauched them. and I'll check to verify your statment

Thanks for the info
jerry

SO CONFUSING!
Just cancelled my install order with VOOM. When asked why I wanted to cancel, I said that according to a WSJ article (and others) that Dish plans to shut down the service shortly. The VOOM lady (?) said that nothing was finalized, and that they were still taking orders for new installations.

Is this a scam or what?

lostcause said:
kelljc, the reason is that since voom had something at 61.5 and dish had something at 61.5, but directv had something at 119, now echo can say they have something at 123 (61.5+61.5), making echo's 4 bigger than directv's 119.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

kelljc said:
You could be correct but what launch vehicle what both Satellite's on: and which country lauched them. and I'll check to verify your statment

Thanks for the info
jerry

WTF???? What does it matter whether they went up on a rocket or on horseback or if they were launched by the USA or by some pygmy tribe somewhere???

Are you really being serious???

kelljc said:

Thanks for the info
jerry

microwave.gif

OK, here is another speculative theory based more on wishful thinking than anything else.

1) Voom essentially shuts down and provides a deal for all of its existing subs to become E* customers.

2) E* keeps the Voom HD channels on their new bird but does not continue any of the SD programming as it is now redundant.

3) The VOOM HD lineup along with HDNet is now repackaged as the DISH HD Pack available only to DISH subs. They may replace some voom channels with HD networks.

4) E* still gets the freed of SD capacity to carry foreign language bingo on the voom bird but they also finally position themselves as the "HD Leader" they have laughingly claimed to be up till now.

Hmm, actually not that crazy an idea.

JMikeF said:
SO CONFUSING!
Just cancelled my install order with VOOM. When asked why I wanted to cancel, I said that according to a WSJ article (and others) that Dish plans to shut down the service shortly. The VOOM lady (?) said that nothing was finalized, and that they were still taking orders for new installations.

Is this a scam or what?
Mike, welcome to this forum!!!. It maybe that the CSR are not informed yet. Did you finally cancel it? It would be interesting to see if the installations continue in the next few days.

kelljc, ok I got the launch vehicle info for you.

They were both dropped off by the cow that jumped over the moon.

lostcause said:
WTF???? What does it matter whether they went up on a rocket or on horseback or if they were launched by the USA or by some pygmy tribe somewhere???

Are you really being serious???

OMG you guys are killing me over here... you have to stop. LOL!!!!

kelljc said:

Thanks for the info
jerry

Fortunately for you, the Rainbow 1 Atlas 5 launch was caught on tape and you can view it for yourself:

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/atlas/av003/status.html

Echostar 3 went up on an Atlas 2A.

Google is a wonderful tool for finding information if you want to save time typing fairly obvious questions.

I check the web link that was posted and found that it seem that echostar and rainbow are sharing the same sat. Because you will see that Transponder are not the same when you check both companies. Dish has the following on 61.5

T2, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32

Rainbow has the following

T1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24

I don't know why they would not have any of the others Transponders on the other services. I use to have dish service. I still have both dishes mounted, one at 61.5 and other at 110. When I read year or so ago. That dish was leasing from 61.5. But I could be wrong about this. I read this over at AVS forum. The company that had it was something like amersat. But I think Echostar brought it last year or something. I can't remember for sure how it went thou.

More Likely---

Echostar III is failing quickly. It is at 61.5 also. E* buys the satellite, no content, retires EIII and replaces it with Rainbow 1. No voom, no new content, no MonstersHD, nothing but a handshake and a slap saying 'Thanks for the capacity really CHEAP!'

yeah, and no risk since the hardware is new, no launch risk, and its already up and running. Quite a deal really.

DirectTV offers enough HDTV content.

Not much has changed with the HDTV movement, cause VOOM was never big enough to add to it.

a few people made some nice money so far today the stock is at 28.69 up $3.21 a share

lostcause said:
kelljc, ok I got the launch vehicle info for you.

They were both dropped off by the cow that jumped over the moon.

What a hoot! I think we should re-name the thread "Open Mike Night at Voom's Comedy Club" and just post jokes from here on.

rgaines said:
Thats true. My only reservation is that I'm have an HD super bowl party and I'm not sure if my local FOX station will broadcast it in HD. :eek:

How did you expect Voom! to supply you with an HD feed to the Superbowl?

It's all OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)