The Final day in the life of 4DTV..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Davage

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
4DTV is in the last hours of it's life. It is going to be sad to see that good friend die. I am going to miss having access to the Master Feeds.

I want to publicly say "THANK YOU" to SRL and SkyVision for all of their hard work in getting the X4 option for us to continue to use our 4DTV receivers for the Comcast HITS package.

I especially want to Thank the technicians at SkyVision who worked so hard to keep our 4DTV units workable as dish movers. I know that you SkyVision guys have worked very hard, and have put a lot at risk to figure out that the X4 option without a master reset or bricking our receivers is viable for us. Some of you guys who did that work may (unfortunately) never receive the proper public acknowledgement for your role in getting the system to work for us, but please know that you have our heart felt THANKS. I know some of the hoops that you guys had to go through, and what types of strings you had to pull to get the testing done before the January 4 date. I also realize how you had to tread lightly on the situation for political/business reasons as to not pee off the folks at Motorola when we C-Banders went crazy at the idea of bricking our receivers.
Maybe someday the whole story as to what happened behind the scenes can be made public. It was a delicate situation, and you guys came through with flying colors.

Thank You SkyVision. Thank You SRL.

C-Band Lives!

Last edited:
Well said...sentiments echoed by many here.

As always, unsung heroes are usually the real heroes, those that made it happen, I hope they get recognition somehow.

Thank you!

Very good Davage, if the behind the scenes ever comes out I think yours and my input also need to be recognized. Some of my crazy off the wall idea's (like the e-mail I just sent you :)) helped make things a reality with the help of the head tech at Skyvision. My hats off to all who contributed and helped so far and in the future for the new progress and hurdles we will face in 2011.

Sometimes you have to think out of the box :D

tvropro - I just read your email.. You and I are on the same page. I was thinking of trying that EPG idea tomorrow after the 4096 EMM is gone. (I'll post the results publicly here on SatelliteGuys if it works. If it doesn't work, then we'll just sweep it under the carpet and pretend that it didn't happen :) )

tvropro - I just read your email.. You and I are on the same page. I was thinking of trying that EPG idea tomorrow after the 4096 EMM is gone. (I'll post the results publicly here on SatelliteGuys if it works. If it doesn't work, then we'll just sweep it under the carpet and pretend that it didn't happen :) )

I will post if it works or not on my site. Interesting concept huh :)

Yes.. I suppose that 'failed attempts' should also be listed here, and on your site for everyone to learn from.

I'm now anxious for the conversion to happen, just so that we can perfect the conversion process.

Yes we need to put together a smooth plan for all to follow. The next few days will prove interesting. SRL's stance is they must stick to the 7 steps as written by Motorola. We on the other hand are free to experiment and post our findings. I'm sure a few of us are on Motorola's hit list for our otherwise efforts :D

A big thanks to you guys and the others that need to be low profile for now.

Glad to hear you you will be keeping us up to date with what works and what doesn't. Some of us will be doing some experimenting ourselves and its good to know whats been tried. Always ready to get something new out of the old 4d.

Something must be going on because websams is down as of 11:19am

I tried to sign on to Websams this morning as well. No luck. I also had emailed SRL about a recent programming addition I had made - and they haven't emailed me back yet. I'm betting that they're working on getting themselves linked up with the Comcast system right now.

I was never able to get my webSAMS acct. to function again. It's got to be on their end. The person I spoke with said others were reporting problems and suggested to copy and paste the login from the email they originally sent. I'm not sure what difference that would make, but it didn't work anyway.

I just called to setup my latest 410 Saturday to continue on and got right through. They haven't answered emails for me in weeks, but sent me the afterlife instructions twice.

Websams always worked for me quite well, but I'm unclear if they'll be allowing us to hit the 410's via the web like we did with the 4D units. I have no programming with my 4D, but associated my 410 with my existing account when I first activated my 410. I have not been able to add it (the 410) to the unit numbers on my websams account, but thought I'd just call to renew and ask at that time. VERY much looking forward to seeing what gets placed in the "pick 10" vs. the other packages.

A hit option has always been on the WebSams page for my 410, but I've never needed it. Come to think of it, why would a 410 ever need to be hit once activated? It only knows one service...I think :)

after my dish moved by itself to W5 have had it out of the stream on G5 24 may be the end of legal subscription. Use 4DTv as dish mover. I have a commercial receiver on that bird connected to 4DTV.

A hit option has always been on the WebSams page for my 410, but I've never needed it. Come to think of it, why would a 410 ever need to be hit once activated? It only knows one service...I think :)

Ah yes, but...it needs a re-hit if we change our packages month to month as C-band allows! I used to change mine now and then...and didn't usually use "auto renew" so I could seasonally decide what I wanted. Hopefully soon we'll know what's packaged, and what's "pick _____" and what is ala carte.

(I'm assuming that directly through SRL will be a bit more flexible than the skyvision packages are, if history repeats itself.)

Odd Occurences?

For those of you still brave enough to venture around the DCII "waters" -has anything strange or unusual happened yet? I've got all my DCII equipment, both consumer and commercial, out of the stream 'till everything settles down. :popcorn

I have my 922 receiver tuned to the OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) for the wife right now. All is fine. Nothing strange happening here with the unit. I have NOT had my dish pointed at G1 in over a month though. I've been watching W5/X4 or FTA channels. I've had X4 mapped in for a few weeks now and didn't want to mess around with that mapping by pointing the dish at G1 at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)