The Future of the CE Program...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Unless things change, you can still d/l the CE software, we already know when it normally takes place and how to see what's in the stream.
Joining the new site will allow people to have a more active discussion about the program, I Hope more people d/led the software than just those that posted.

I really hate it when the computer THANK it know what I want to type and changes what I post. Ugh.

See what I mean, I typed Thinks and it posted Thank

Reactions: ejb1980
Unless things change, you can still d/l the CE software, we already know when it normally takes place and how to see what's in the stream.
Joining the new site will allow people to have a more active discussion about the program, I Hope more people d/led the software than just those that posted.

I really hate it when the computer THANK it know what I want to type and changes what I post. Ugh.

See what I mean, I typed Thinks and it posted Thank

Hopefully people will do more than just download the CE. There are other things that can happen in the CE world and for people who didn't want, or feel comfortable, using DBSTalk hopefully will be able to participate now.

Hopefully people will do more than just download the CE. There are other things that can happen in the CE world and for people who didn't want, or feel comfortable, using DBSTalk hopefully will be able to participate now.
Other than looking for new things, making sure everything worked normally, there was no specific directions to test anything particular.

Mark the numbers and activity at dbstalk. And again next quarter....

Is this new site, a site run by D* ?
or dbstalk ?
or just who ?

I never cared for dbstalk, always felt not good enough for those people with thier editing/deleting of threads.

Same people who the ran the DBSTalk CE are running the new site.

Do find it strange after everything they said against vB that they abandoned IPB and went back to vB.

I signed up yesterday ...

Is this nothing more than a Chat room for CE, or did I just not have enough time to explore other areas ?

What are you expecting?
A forum something like this one would be nice.

So far all I have been able to do is tell it if I want to be in a Registered group or a CE group. and then click CHAT, that takes you to a chat room, not a forum.

So far all I have been able to do is tell it if I want to be in a Registered group or a CE group. and then click CHAT, that takes you to a chat room, not a forum.
Given that CE information is not public once you follow the steps to enable it you should see forums.

If you're expecting a forum that discusses everything that's on Scott's I don't see that happening.

This new forum has one purpose and that's the interface between us the users and the DIRECTV staff, not a general info forum. At least that's how I see it going at this time, maybe it would change in the future but this is a new endevor and I think they want to stick to their main mission at this time.

If you're expecting a forum that discusses everything that's on Scott's I don't see that happening.

This new forum has one purpose and that's the interface between us the users and the DIRECTV staff, not a general info forum. At least that's how I see it going at this time, maybe it would change in the future but this is a new endevor and I think they want to stick to their main mission at this time.
I haven't been there today, but I would have expected to see a forum layout ... not like here where theres 50 different categories that are discussed, but a CE forum with questions and answers, like you would find in say the CE forum on this site.

Maybe I'm just not far enough into it.

I set up the user name and whatnot and was in before I got the email to use some password .... when I go there it asks for my user and password and then I'm in, maybe not into everything though.
I chose CE section when asked.

Don't know exactly what you're seeing but I see four different subforms in the Cutting Edge Section, Info, Announcements, Issues and Discussions. Besides those there's two other forums, Off Topic and Forum Support.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts