The Guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Genna

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
New England
I noticed on the guide only one T7 channel is listed I've never heard of Is there any way to get the CRN channels in the guide (they are I think the most popular channels on that satellite and were on the "old" guide) T7 893 (CRN 3) T7 894 (CRN 4) T7 895 (CRN 5) CRN Digital Talk Radio

Since the old 4DTV guide has been removed from service with 4096 in Jan, all that is supported is H2H. Actually those other odd satellite besides X4 entries shouldn't even be there. Hits is not going to map in guide entries like Motorola did. It's a totally different ballgame than what it used to be. I miss having the master access as subscription and everything else that we used to get. I get reminded all the time when I see "this channel is not available" :(

It would be nice if the DC2 freebies like NETV were included in the IPG. Oh well, we can get the schedule from the NETV website.

Comcast is not interested in supporting free channels and putting the time and effort into it for us. They are in the programming supply business. If SRL or Skyvison payed them to maintain it probably but not for free. Motorola wasn't too crazy about maintaining the guide for years. Years ago Motorola wanted to charge $1.00 per subscriber to maintain the guide. The C banders took them to court and stopped that action because the guide was suppose to be free. From that point on Motorola didn't like us. It's best to leave things as is since we are down to the last one to provide us subscriptions. You don't want Comcast to get ticked in anyway since they could really make it hard for us. Everything you do with these big companies have to be done with kid gloves and tact. I don't agree with sucking up to them but it is what it is.

NPS thought they could call the shots with Motorola and certain programmers like Disney and that worked out real well for them & us. I think the reason Disney is sticking it to Dish Network so much is because Charlie Ergan who taught Mike Mountford how to deal like a prick is using those same tactics with them. Ever notice how SRL never had problems with Motorola or any programmers like NPS did? We should be happy that SRL has a great relationship with Motorola & Hits from years back.

Last edited:
Since the old 4DTV guide has been removed from service with 4096 in Jan, all that is supported is H2H. Actually those other odd satellite besides X4 entries shouldn't even be there. Hits is not going to map in guide entries like Motorola did. It's a totally different ballgame than what it used to be. I miss having the master access as subscription and everything else that we used to get. I get reminded all the time when I see "this channel is not available" :(

Must be tied into some other data stream the "Guide" you guys talk about is not the one that I get. SRL Logo is on it though. SRL subs are in and work with it. 922 stuck on mountain time regardless. Don't much care anyhow
because if I wake up tomorrow and find Motorola etc. belly up I think I will throw a BIG PARTY to celebrate and I have never thrown a party in my life! Most subscription stuff isn't worth your money anymore.

Thanks, that explains a few things. But i still don't see how I'm getting one of the T7's on the guide (xtvw on T7 799 looks like a jimmy swaggart ministries thing) which appears to be a free channel. I don't see XTVW listed on the HITS c-band page Digital Cable Programming Lineup | HITS

Do you get listings for the ABC HD Feeds. They come up as subscription required when you go to them. Yes you will get free channels on any of a number of satellites but the guide usually does not have them. You have to go surfing. Some are analog also.

Do you get listings for the ABC HD Feeds. They come up as subscription required when you go to them. Yes you will get free channels on any of a number of satellites but the guide usually does not have them. You have to go surfing. Some are analog also.

Not sure if i get ABC HD feeds, I wouldn't know where they are. I was just curious why the one T7 showed up in the guide and no others. The only channels off the guide I usually go to are c-span (think it's on c3-7) because there are no news channels (dont get OTA here) and the T7 crn radio channels. I'd watch online but am on wireless internet and it has a monthly cap, will be getting cable run to my home here soon and it shouldn't be an issue. I usually don't "surf" because there's lag between my receiver and my remote since theyre on different floors and it takes a second or two for any mystery channel to appear.

Motorola wasn't too crazy about maintaining the guide for years. Years ago Motorola wanted to charge $1.00 per subscriber to maintain the guide. The C banders took them to court and stopped that action because the guide was suppose to be free.
I guess that's one of the reasons why very few things are made in America. If people get so upset over $1.00........
You don't want Comcast to get ticked in anyway since they could really make it hard for us.
They're not the only source of entertainment. If they don't give us what we want we can always go somewhere else or do without. There's not much point in subbing to a service that gives poor service. That's my opinion for what it's worth.

I They're not the only source of entertainment. If they don't give us what we want we can always go somewhere else or do without. There's not much point in subbing to a service that gives poor service. That's my opinion for what it's worth.

They will give us anything we want if we pay the costs. If someone came up with enough green I would bet they could get the old 4DTV stream & masters again. It's all about the buck. If you fan enough of it in front of the face of the one holding the keys you would see how fast they would jump.

They will give us anything we want if we pay the costs. If someone came up with enough green I would bet they could get the old 4DTV stream & masters again. It's all about the buck. If you fan enough of it in front of the face of the one holding the keys you would see how fast they would jump.

Oh my god, just had a horrible thought! No it won't happen! But they bought out Blockbuster?
Dish network buys out 4DTV system and expands into C-Band? No NO NO! I thought Best Buy would do it since they post ads about it. Oh Gosh could that happen? NONONONONONO! I'll never sleep again.

icon9.png

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)