The Input button on my 54.0 remote and H3 stopped working!

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
The Input button on my 54.0 remote stopped working with my 65" Sumsung and Hopper 3. It used to work perfectly and I was able to switch the TV input. I haven not used this button in a long time so I don't know when did it stopped working. I did reboot the receiver and I verified that the "Limited Mode" selection in the Remote Control Setting is set to OFF. Any ideas what is wrong?

The Input button on my 54.0 remote stopped working with my 65" Sumsung and Hopper 3. It used to work perfectly and I was able to switch the TV input. I haven not used this button in a long time so I don't know when did it stopped working. I did reboot the receiver and I verified that the "Limited Mode" selection in the Remote Control Setting is set to OFF. Any ideas what is wrong?

Hey upsss, are you able to turn your TV on/off with the DISH remote? If not, you may need to reprogram your remote to the TV by going in to Settings > Remote Control. - Rosita L.

Of course I can turn on/off and change the TV volume with the remoter. I have been using Dish for years and I really know what I am doing. My only problem is that the stupid Input button doesn't work anymore! BTY, there is nothing wrong with my remote, I have the same problem with the Joey and my 2nd TV/remote.

Of course I can turn on/off and change the TV volume with the remoter. I have been using Dish for years and I really know what I am doing. My only problem is that the stupid Input button doesn't work anymore! BTY, there is nothing wrong with my remote, I have the same problem with the Joey and my 2nd TV/remote.

You may still want to reprogram the remote to the TV. It is possible that there is another code that works better. -Rosita L.

Not to mention there has been a rash of remotes losing pair to receivers and TV's lately
If the remote loses pair, wouldn't EVERY button not work?

I agree with trying to reprogram the button. If that doesn't fix the problem, my guess is the contact has gone bad in that button on the remote. My first step would be to "exercise" the button (continually press and release, maybe 10-20 times).

My next step after that would be to disassemble the remote, actually clean the contact (just some rubbing alcohol) and make sure the button is lined up correctly. If that doesn't work, replace the remote. At least this is what I would do on my universal remote. I don't have one of the "fancy" Dish remotes.

OK, reprogramming the TV emote selection fixed the problem. The reason I didn't try to reprogram it initially is that the TV model label has not changed in the setup so I assumed that is has not changed, I was wrong.

As far as "If the remote loses pair, wouldn't EVERY button not work?" NOT nervelessly, the Samsung TV has over 60 different TV codes, many of them WILL turn on/off the TV including change the volume but not any other button functions.

Not to mention there has been a rash of remotes losing pair to receivers and TV's lately
Yes Yes Yes, I am one of them. I have a Samsung and now when I turn my Hopper/sling on the remote sounds off and I lose the function on my tv. I have to go in diagnostics to repair the remote.:mad:

Yes Yes Yes, I am one of them. I have a Samsung and now when I turn my Hopper/sling on the remote sounds off and I lose the function on my tv. I have to go in diagnostics to repair the remote.:mad:
Ok I found my problem. Evidently when the last update was done it changed my settings on the remote. The remotes volume& mute buttons had changed the to the Aux volume and mutes. Since it didn't show on the screen until you scrolled down I didn't see it. So all is well now.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts