Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
DIRECTV LAUNCHING THE MTN. - AUGUST 27

Centennial, CO - DIRECTV, the nation's leading satellite television provider, has announced that it will launch the MountainWest Sports Network – The Mtn. beginning Wednesday, August 27 on Channel 616. "We're very excited that DIRECTV will allow college sports fans across the nation to get unprecedented coverage of their favorite Mountain West team", said Craig Thompson, MWC Commissioner. "Our fans and alumni have been asking for more accessibility to The Mtn., and the DIRECTV launch of the network in August will give them all of the games, news and analysis they've been wanting."
The Mtn. will be available on DIRECTV's Choice and above packages for the states and DMAs servicing Mountain West Conference institutions: Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming plus the markets of Dallas/Fort Worth and San Diego. Customers throughout the remainder of the county will be able to access The Mtn. with a subscription to DIRECTV's SportsPack.

Source & More: TheMtn.TV

This launched yesturday, Aug. 26 on channel 616.

It is available as follows:

The Mtn Network: The Mtn is available as a local regional sports network in CO, NM, NV, UT, WY; in Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX, San Diego, CA and select areas of AZ, ID, MT, NE and SD as determined by ZIP code. The Mtn network programming is available in the SPORTS PACK premium package in the remainder of DIRECTV service areas.

This launched yesturday, Aug. 26 on channel 616.

It is available as follows:

The Mtn Network: The Mtn is available as a local regional sports network in CO, NM, NV, UT, WY; in Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX, San Diego, CA and select areas of AZ, ID, MT, NE and SD as determined by ZIP code. The Mtn network programming is available in the SPORTS PACK premium package in the remainder of DIRECTV service areas.
Had to reset my HR21 before it would come in.

It is available only to residential accounts, not commercial accounts. So, sports bars, etc. are out of luck (for the time being, anyway). So are townhome/condo/apartment communities that have private cable systems (SMATV). They're commercial accounts.

The Mountain

I checked it out last night and if you want to look at one of the lowest quality transmissions on D*, you can use MTN as an example of how far broadcast qualtiy has come in the last few years.

It looks like it's an oulet for BYU. That's what's on right now @ 8:31PDT.

I asked and confirmed that MTN is available in the basic Choice package for subs in the MTN markets. All other markets it is sports pack.

I wanted to be sure that the in-area customers didn't need Choice Plus/Xtra, and they don't.

While the channel is available to residential and commercial customers, it still isn't available to MCS customers, which is a SMATV (private cable system) in a townhouse/condo/apartment community. They have no ETA of when it will become available, either.

VERY frustrating! :mad:

I like it. I watched a football game on it the other day. The quality of the picture is kind of amatuerish, as Bobdacop noted. But it is nice to have another sports channel added.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts