The Mtn. Network Coming To Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jaguarr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
USA
Wondering if one of the Dish staff that are lurking around here can confirm what some of the local Dish reps here in Boise are saying, which is that The Mtn. Network (MWC's sports network) will be added to Americas Top 200 package in place of Discovery Health and will be available before the 2011 College Football season starts. Can any of you confirm or refute that? I know I'm not the only Boise State fan eyeing Direct TV's offerings because of the fact that they do carry The Mtn. I love Dish and would rather not go back to D* because I feel the equipment, service and price are inferior, but I'm not about to miss any of my team's games, either. Would love for this rumor to be true! :D Thanks in advance.

um, Discovery Health was just renamed OWN (oprah channel) which is still in AT200 last I checked

If Dish gets it (and honestly I'll say good luck to that as their track record of sports channels isnt the best) I think they'd either put it in the sports pack or maybe do something like Big10 where if you are in a "Mtn network" state it would be part of the RSN's you get and the rest pay for it via sportspack.

Pffft! Oprah can move to another channel! LOL! That's a good point about OWN taking Dish Health's previous channel number. I wonder if this rumor is true, if they plan to shuffle some channels around or maybe put The Mtn. on a different channel. At any rate, I'd just like to see the channel added before football season. There seems to be a lot of different information floating around on this, depending on who you ask from Dish. Local reps say the contract is done and it's just a matter of getting it added to the lineup, while phone reps don't know anything and the Twitter feed people don't, either. You're right about the history of getting sports channels added isn't very good, though, which is why I'm digging and trying to find out what I can while I still have time to make a decision about switching if I have to in order to get my games this Fall.

Looks like Nick (*NF) was the one who responded to your tweet. He was correct saying that we haven't heard anything, and a programming request was put in for you.

Awesome. Thanks, Matt. There's a huge amount of football fans very interested in this one.

No problem. I'm one of those fans (they normally have the CU/CSU game).

Oh, yeah? Rams or Buffs fan? Another question; do you think some sort of a Facebook Group/Petition might help sway this, or is it purely a contractual issue that wouldn't be influenced by such a thing? Thanks again for the insight and response.

Rams all the way. I'm not too sure how the programming dept looks into getting channels, but the more requests, the better chances of us getting the channel (I can tell you I put in a lot for the sportsman channel per customer requests, and we did get it)

Thanks, Matt. With that in mind, here's a new group dedicated to bringing The Mtn. channel to Dish Network. It will serve as a petition to Dish, so the more people join the better. Spread the word!

Welcome to Facebook

Rams all the way. I'm not too sure how the programming dept looks into getting channels, but the more requests, the better chances of us getting the channel (I can tell you I put in a lot for the sportsman channel per customer requests, and we did get it)

Obviously no one is putting in a lot of requests for the MSG's Networks and YES Network.

I think that dish isolated NY after that dispute. If you're in NYC and have dish, either you don't care about sports or only watch the Mets.

As for Grand Island, I don't know what to tell you. I'd say try to get Rogers and convert to the Blue Jays, because that's more likely than getting YES.

If dish listens which I doubt then why did they raise the price for the sport pack? The rsn are not full time hd and sd rsn si dumb since most rsn are hd almost 24 hours. Please help me drop the sport pack since the dish car was a complete jerk and hung up on me when I said I wanted to drop this over priced sport package.

I think that dish isolated NY after that dispute. If you're in NYC and have dish, either you don't care about sports or only watch the Mets.

As for Grand Island, I don't know what to tell you. I'd say try to get Rogers and convert to the Blue Jays, because that's more likely than getting YES.

Having a Canadian Wife, she would be thrilled if I converted to the Blue Jays. Even the Blue Jays aren't OTA any longer. If I went to Canadian Satellite it would be for Hockey Games.

can we request they remove a channel? (i.e Own)?
LOL! I can help you set up a lock to block the channel...

If dish listens which I doubt then why did they raise the price for the sport pack? The rsn are not full time hd and sd rsn si dumb since most rsn are hd almost 24 hours. Please help me drop the sport pack since the dish car was a complete jerk and hung up on me when I said I wanted to drop this over priced sport package.

What sports package do you have? Also I'd need your phone number/account number sent in a PM.

I can't believe that when I signed up with Dish from DirecTV I completely overlooked the availability of The MTN. What a dumb move. That's OK though, as soon as my 2 year agreement is done, looks like I'll go back to DirecTV.

I don't want to because I much prefer the Dish equipment (DVR specifically), and I used to work at EchoStar and still have many friends there in Cheyenne.

Still, no Air Force, CSU and Wyoming games bums me out more. Come on, Dish!

Heard on a local radio show that Dish recently put it in writing for one of their customers that they are adding The Mtn. to their lineup. Can one of our Dish reps confirm or deny this? Would love it if they did add this channel!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts