The NBA Finals- It's Lakers vs. Celtics!!

I'm sure Jack Nicholson is making the trek to Boston for the first couple of games. I think it would be great if the Celtics showed Paul Pierce (who has lit-up the Lakers in the past) highlights on the jumbotron with Nicholson's famous line in the background, "you can't handle 'The Truth" (Pierce's nickname). :D

It will be much better to see shots of Jack Nicholson than all those repetitive shots of Eva Longoria.

After last year and 2005, I'm a little tired of seeing all those shots of Eva in the stands.

It will be much better to see shots of Jack Nicholson than all those repetitive shots of Eva Longoria.

After last year and 2005, I'm a little tired of seeing all those shots of Eva in the stands.

Sabres, with all due respect, I don't think I'll ever tire of them showing Eva on my TV screen. :luvlove:

I think the 1980's card of Lakers/celtics is getting quite old......And the series has not started yet

Though it should be a good matchup

I think the 1980's card of Lakers/celtics is getting quite old......And the series has not started yet

Though it should be a good matchup

I'm a diehard Celtics fan and I agree with this. Memo to TV executives: THIS IS 2008!! There's enough to talk about in the here and now. Can the Celtics "Big Three" finally win their first ring? Can Kobe finally win a ring without Shaq? Can Doc Rivers matchup with Phil "Nine Rings" Jackson? I love ya Larry, Kevin, and Chief, but ENOUGH already.

Boston in 4.

Lakers are 0 - 2 vs Celtics these year.
Garnett just dominated the Lakers.

LA has better shooters.
All you have to do is pull a Robert Horry on Kobe Bryant and break his leg = instant win.

Kobe on a wheelchair? :D

Boston in 4?! :eek: Are you kidding me? LMFAO. Thanks, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. I needed that. :D

Keep in mind, those two times during the regular season that Boston beat LA, the Lakers were without Gasol. That is a big difference. Plus, Kobe is a big game player. There is no way he allows the Lakers not to win this series.

Boston in 4?! :eek: Are you kidding me? LMFAO. Thanks, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. I needed that. :D

Keep in mind, those two times during the regular season that Boston beat LA, the Lakers were without Gasol. That is a big difference. Plus, Kobe is a big game player. There is no way he allows the Lakers not to win this series.

That's been a popular theme: the Celtics swept the Lakers, BUT LA didn't have Gasol (and I'm certainly not saying it doesn't have some merit). However, what is never mentioned is that the Lakers DID have Andrew Bynum in those two games and were beat decisively both times. I know Gasol and Bynum are apples and oranges, but I'm just saying the Lakers were at full strength in both those games.

When I think of "Lakers Vs Celtics," the attached is the first thing that comes to my mind:

Attachments

• lakersceltics.jpg
    lakersceltics.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 96
Boston in 4.

Lakers are 0 - 2 vs Celtics these year.
Garnett just dominated the Lakers.

LA has better shooters.
All you have to do is pull a Robert Horry on Kobe Bryant and break his leg = instant win.

Kobe on a wheelchair? :D

The Lakers didn't have Pau Gasol in those 2 games.

CELTICS in 6!!!!

My Prayer to the Basketball Gods..."Please, No more titles for Kobe or Phil!!"

Boston showed they can win on the road at one of the most difficult places to do so. They will win on the road again after they take games one and two. Wishful thinking, I know, but they should be able to handle it.

Boston is actually getting better each series and are better than LA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)