The NBA Finals- It's Lakers vs. Celtics!!

CELTICS in 6!!!!

My Prayer to the Basketball Gods..."Please, No more titles for Kobe or Phil!!"

Boston showed they can win on the road at one of the most difficult places to do so. They will win on the road again after they take games one and two. Wishful thinking, I know, but they should be able to handle it.

Boston is actually getting better each series and are better than LA.
LA beat SA in 5. SA is better than Detroit, Cleveland, and Atlanta. However, it took LA less games to beat SA than each one of those series for Boston.

LA Home record: 8-0
LA road record: 4-3

Boston Home record: 10-1
Boston road record: 2-7

I think LA has an advantage at home and on the road

LA beat SA in 5. SA is better than Detroit, Cleveland, and Atlanta. However, it took LA less games to beat SA than each one of those series for Boston.

Yeha, they have an advantage, but I doubt it will be the same against the celtics, if Garnett plays like game 6 vs Detroit.....I doubt LA can win a game.

The Celtics play better defense than any of those teams.

Gasol is soft, Odom can be pushed around.

Physical will beat finesse, Celtics in 6.

Basketball is a game of matchups, and the Celtics match up well with them, in my opinion. Garnett or Pierce can match Kobe point for point each game, while the Lakers has to have good games from Kobe. We haven't even talked about the potential 20+ points Ray Allen can give Boston each game.

Basketball is a game of matchups, and the Celtics match up well with them, in my opinion. Garnett or Pierce can match Kobe point for point each game, while the Lakers has to have good games from Kobe. We haven't even talked about the potential 20+ points Ray Allen can give Boston each game.

Did everyone forget how good Kobe's defense is? Whoever he guards will be held in check. This game is over in 5 games or less. LA will dominate every facet of the competition. It won't even be close. ESPN is hyping this series up WAY too much.

Don't you love ABC?
Game goes back to SD instead of HD on 3rd QT.
Thats retarded.
ABC should have been prepared

The "HD" picture quality could be better. The Celtics only shot is to keep the games low scoring. Holding the Lakers to 88 in game 1 is a good start.

Nice start to the Finals.

Paul Pierce's return was 10,000 times better than anything the Spurs did last year.

The Celtics being down by 5 at halftime despite Kobe shooting 3-10 from the field..........I felt was a very ominous sign. However, when "Willis" Pierce was carried off the court and the Celtics were down by 4...........I thought the SERIES was ovah!!! That being said, it's only one game, and by no means am I going to get too cocky about this win. It is what it is..........a GREAT start to a longggggg series.

by no means am I going to get too cocky about this win.

That is what I like about you.

Unlike the percieved Boston fans perception, you don't get too cocky about anything; I'll bet for the Super Bowl, you were very cautious about the Giants.

BTW, since you weren't on here for the Celtics/Hawks series, I'd like to know what it was like to go through that roller-coaster ride of the series.

That is what I like about you.

Unlike the percieved Boston fans perception, you don't get too cocky about anything; I'll bet for the Super Bowl, you were very cautious about the Giants.

BTW, since you weren't on here for the Celtics/Hawks series, I'd like to know what it was like to go through that roller-coaster ride of the series.

Hey Sabres,
I appreciate that buddy, but I have to admit I was SHOCKED when the Patriots lost the Super Bowl. However, if we were to lose the SB...........I'm glad it was to classy team like the Giants.

As far as the Hawks series goes, I was sooooooo disgusted after game 6 it wasn't even funny. I was actually worried about game 7 at home, but they came through. The Cavs series was different (IMO, the Cavs matchup better with the Celtics than any of the C's playoff opponents), and I was just thrilled we survived that series.

As far as the Hawks series, I was sooooooo disgusted after game 6 it wasn't even funny. I was actually worried about game 7 at home

I felt the exact same way too.

I felt so sickened that I didn't even watch Utah's series-ending rout of the Rockets- and, keep this is mind, I am a HUGE fan of the Jazz.

I actually was supposed to go to a college baseball game (UW-Parkside- my family moved from Buffalo to Wisconsin in 1994) on the day of the seventh game, but I was so scared to death, especially after what happened in 2007.

I should have gone to that game and not worry after all.

That seventh game was like the Patriots/Bills NBC primetime game.

BTW, question:

Why is it that when an NFL team runs up the score on an overmatched opponent, some people call it classless, yet when an NBA team destroys an opponent, nobody calls it classless?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts