The NBA Finals- It's Lakers vs. Celtics!!

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
The dream has come true for NBA fans everywhere.

Feel free to give all thoughts, predictions, trash talk, etc. here.

We had a great thread for the Celtics/Cavs series and a good one for Celtics/Pistons, but now...

It's time for something a year in the making.

From last year's snoozer to...

wallpaper_garnett_pierce_allen_think_big1600.jpg

0708tb2_kobebryant_1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
It will be very interesting to see how Doc Rivers uses Rondo in the finals. He's had a pretty good playoffs but will he use Cassell more now that it's really on the line. I know nobody can really gaurd Kobe as Bruce Bowen did everything he could and Kobe still scored around 30 every game but can Posey, House, and Pierce take enough out of him and keep him from driving down the lane late in the game. Duncan looked lost covering on the double team, it will be interesting to see if Garnett can do a better job.

I'd expect to see Pierce and Posey be the primary guys to check Kobe (but Bryant will still get his 30-35 points/game). Another problem for the Celtics is containing Gasol in the paint. If I were the Celtics I would be as physical as possible with Gasol. They have a lot of fouls to give with Kendrick Perkins, P.J. Brown, Leon Powe, and Big Baby Davis (obviously none of them matchup talent-wise with Gasol, but they can mix and match defensively).

Boston's only saving grace to win ONE game is having the "home court advantage" by playing the first two at Boston.

This will be a pairing of the leagues best defense (Celtics) against the leagues best offense (Lakers). Should be a good one.

With that said, and the NBA Finals format (2-3-2), I see the Lakers winning in 5. Games 1 in Boston, Games 3, 4 and 5 in LA. Kobe's legacy is then immortalized with the best that has ever played the game.

Here's the upcoming series schedule....

Boston's only saving grace to win ONE game is having the "home court advantage" by playing the first two at Boston.

This will be a pairing of the leagues best defense (Celtics) against the leagues best offense (Lakers). Should be a good one.

With that said, and the NBA Finals format (2-3-2), I see the Lakers winning in 5. Games 1 in Boston, Games 3, 4 and 5 in LA. Kobe's legacy is then immortalized with the best that has ever played the game.

The best that EVER played the game? Wouldnt you have to win more than one MVP to be that? He wasnt even the best player in his league until this year and now he is the best EVER?

When are we gonna start drug testing before you can post on this board?

I was hoping the Detroit fans were gonna start pumping that out.

I think it was the classy Philly fans who started that chant when they were going losing to the C's back in the 80's

It was Celtics fans in the old Garden that chanted "Beat LA, Beat LA" when the Sixers beat the C's in game 7 of the 1982 ECF.

The best that EVER played the game? Wouldnt you have to win more than one MVP to be that? He wasnt even the best player in his league until this year and now he is the best EVER?

When are we gonna start drug testing before you can post on this board?

I meant to say, "one" of the best ever to play the game. Sorry for the confusion.

Kobe's been the best player in the league since '03. Don't know what you're watching though

Boston in 4.

Lakers are 0 - 2 vs Celtics these year.
Garnett just dominated the Lakers.

LA has better shooters.
All you have to do is pull a Robert Horry on Kobe Bryant and break his leg = instant win.

Kobe on a wheelchair? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts