The NBA Finals- It's Lakers vs. Celtics!!

I love how every Boston fan I know just puts off the officiating last night. Did you watch the same game? There was some calls where the players did minimal push off like they do every game of the year and it gets called. Powe shooting more FT's in about 3 minutes than the entire Lakers team...nothing suspicious about that either. Have fun with your fixed World Championship. You deserve the asterisk like your Patriots and Barry Bonds.

I am sure the Utah Jazz could of said the same thing? Did it bother you when Kobe got every single call in that series?

Or when Fischer fouled Barry in the San Antonio series, and there was no call? Oh and the NBA actually admitted that.

We'll take the asterisk over not having a team, LA must be the whinniest, sissiest bitch town in the all of America.

Ugly, ugly, ugly!!! One silver lining for the Celtics: Their two best players BOTH had their worst game of the year, and they still were in it until the last minute (of course a lot of that has to do with the Lakers defense, which stepped up big time in this game).

I said before and I'll say it again: Game 4 is the vital game in this series!!

I don't know.

Pistons blew the doors off of the Celtics in Game 4 of that series, yet didn't capitalize on that momentous win.

The reason why I say that game 4 is important is the 2-3-2 format of the Finals. If the Celtics lose game 4, the series will be tied 2-2 with game 5 in LA (and I favor the Lakers big time in their last home game, whether it's 2-2 or trailing 3-1). Even though the Celtics currently still have home court advantage to fall back on, there's A HUGGGGE difference between being up 3-2 or down 3-2.

I LOVE James Posey! Why the Heat did not re-sign him still pisses me off to this day!

Posey has been so huge for the Celtics this year. He has been the one constant off the bench all year (the bench has evolved into a strong one as the year progressed).

The Celts have their entire starting five - Garnett, Pierce, Allen Perkins and Rondo - under contract next year, plus a $3.5 million team option for Posey, and they can retain their starting five in 2009-2010 by giving Rondo a small raise to $2.6 million. They have the makings of another NBA mini-dynasty. Allen will become a free agent in the fourth year of the current skein, 2010/2011, but realistically, they will be able to buy a shooter who will be as good as a 35 year old Allen for a lot less than the $18 million his current contract annually commands.

Poor Kobe, did you see him how pissed off he was in the interview?

Anyways, I hope the series end this Sunday, if not, it be cool to see the Celtics go back home and win the series there.

If I am the Celtics, don't get too cocky with the Los Angeles Losers, take every opportunity you can to beat them.

Has Kobe, the best closer in the game, the only one we can compare to Jordan, the best player on the planet/world, demanded a trade yet?

Im so glad Kobe is finally being exposed as a fraud.

The Celts have their entire starting five - Garnett, Pierce, Allen Perkins and Rondo - under contract next year, plus a $3.5 million team option for Posey, and they can retain their starting five in 2009-2010 by giving Rondo a small raise to $2.6 million. They have the makings of another NBA mini-dynasty. Allen will become a free agent in the fourth year of the current skein, 2010/2011, but realistically, they will be able to buy a shooter who will be as good as a 35 year old Allen for a lot less than the $18 million his current contract annually commands.

Not to mention the continued development of youngsters Powe, Big Baby, and maybe even Gabe Pruitt. IMO, their main challengers in the East next season will be the Cavs. They continued to progress after the midseason moves they made, and more time with the guy named LeBron will only make them better (BTW, the Celtics do not matchup well with the Cavs).

Speaking of LeBron: I think that my opinion of LeBron being superior to Kobe with the deciding factor being leadership, was proven last night. Bryant walked off the floor with three seconds remaining last night (to me it smacked of Kobe saying he was disgusted with the play of his teammates). Great leadership there, Kobe!! I'm ashamed to admit it , but it reminded me of Bill Belichick walking off the field before the last play of the Super Bowl.

If I hear one more time that Kobe is the next Michael Jordan....................

Last edited:
Poor Kobe, did you see him how pissed off he was in the interview?

Anyways, I hope the series end this Sunday, if not, it be cool to see the Celtics go back home and win the series there.

If I am the Celtics, don't get too cocky with the Los Angeles Losers, take every opportunity you can to beat them.
If I were Boston I would tell the starters to go back home and rest. The formula is simple back home. take it too the hoop and get the call.

I'm hoping I'm not being a homer in suggesting that the Celtics vs. Cav's Series was the most exciting series in the Eastern playoffs this year. This current NBA Finals matchup has been sooo disappointing on so many different levels.

With that said, I don't think it's too early to note that my Cavaliers have now lost 2 years in a row to the eventual NBA Champions. (Spurs in the Finals last year and Boston this year). Just saying. ;) Maybe next year. 3rd times a charm!

Well you have not lost to the eventual champion just yet. But I have to admit that I would ahve to get pretty good odds to bet on the Lakers at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts