The Need for SPEED (HD) -- Launches Thursday

Austin channel is doubled and out of focus????:confused::confused:
What ??? a please elaborate???:confused::confused:

When ever I watch the Austin ABC feed through Dish, the picture looks doubles, or ghosted I guess would be a better term. And it is terribly out of focus. I know that seems wrong, but that is the way it looks through my receiver. This is the fourth receiver I've had (replaced because the HDD keep crashing), and ABC always looks this way. At least for me.

On Topic:
Last nights Bud Shootout was awesome. I'm hoping this is a sign that this'll be Jr.'s season. Stewart had a really strong car as well, just not the team support that Jr. had.

Is this a fact? If so, thank GOD!

Yeah they pulled Rusty out of the booth, I believe they are going to put Dale Jarrett in there when they take over. DJ will do a much better job than Rusty is capable of doing.And as far as the guys cheating, heck everybody pushes the envelope in the gaage, if you dont, you will never be competitive

Are you kidding? The entire Fox team is head and shoulders better than the other network crews, and DW is the best of them all!

The guy sucks, he is a cartoon character. Hopefully Jarrett will be as good as his dad, because he, Jenkins and Parsons were the best crew EVER.

I sent an email to Dish concerning the Speed Channel and offering it in HD. I explained to them that I was trying to make a decision as to whether to stay with Dish since this channel is important to me. This is the response that I received.
Dear Tom,
Thank you for your email. Specific information regarding your request for Speed and other channels being available in HD is not currently available. We would like to add HD option for other channels, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.
We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.
We have launched many HD channels. More are planned to be offered on the coming months so that our Dish HD subscribers will continue to have access to the largest national HD lineup in the United States.
No one currently has more national HD channels than DISH Network, and we're committed to maintaining that edge by enhancing Dish HD with channels that exemplify the top-quality programming our customers enjoy. When it comes to high definition, DISH Network offers not only the best programming, but the best technology and value as well.
We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.
If further assistance is needed, please feel free to call our Customer Service at 1-800-333-3474. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can view our HD package’s content at http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_products/dish_hd/programming/index.shtml

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.
Sincerely,

As usual they are not telling us a thing. :(

I'd really like to see how they came up with "No one currently has more national HD channels than DISH Network":rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing the E* response, Tom. I especially like the "but we do not know if or when this will happen" part. Unlike E* I know what will happen if I don't see Speed before the Rolex and ALMS starts in March. I hope D* has some kind of promotion going in that time frame.

Are you kidding? The entire Fox team is head and shoulders better than the other network crews, and DW is the best of them all!

I agree that the FOX does a better job with NASCAR than anybody else. I'm not crazy about the "Boogity, boogity, boogity...." stuff, but I think DW does a good job and seems to have a grip to what is happening on the track... Of course, he should from years of being on the track.

Cade

Yeah, I just have to tune out that Boogity stuff for the 10 seconds. It only hurts for a moment.

I have D* HD at work, and I was able to DVR the weekends races. They of course just look like FOX but with Speed logos. Sure wish that Dish Network would pick this up soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)