THE NEW 72.5 SATELLITE LOCALS THREAD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just spoke to a D* CSR who told me that Toledo locals will be turned on "sometime before the end of 2004" and that they "don't have any information on required equipment." D'oh!

In another thread I've mentioned that CSR told me that Cedar Rapids (first scheduled 10/5, then pushed to 10/12) won't be ready until early next year...

Basically I think the whole "72.5" thing is just "vaporware" -- to keep people like me, who are the very last D* subscriber in the area, from switching to E*.

Basically I think the whole "72.5" thing is just "vaporware"

I'm starting to agree. You would think since DTV is going to need tons of installers to put in new 72.5 dishes that we would start seeing people roll out to do them, even if the release dates were a couple of weeks off. I love my DTV, but it's starting to get annoying that the Fort Wayne locals are not online yet....

Yeah, I just bought a DirecTivo, so that locked me into a new year contract. I really hope they get the locals soon here in Champaign, really tick me off if they don't. I've got a new dish and switch on the way too, so I'll be ready for the 72.5 locals. I agree though, it's getting VERY frustrating. 3 more months to go in 2004, so they're running out of time for their 'coming in 2004' line. We shall see what happens. If anyone on the 72.5 list gets their locals, please let us know!

-Stan

Equipment setup

I just got my 2nd dish in the mail that I ordered so I decided to tinker with it. Using my nifty little satellite finder meter, I pointed the dish in the direction of the 72.5 bird. When I hook it up to the RCA DVR80, I get solid 90+ signals on all transponders between 1-16. 17-32 are completely dead. However, when I go to auto-detect the satellites, it doesn't seem to detect the 2nd dish as the 72.5 sat. I'm running 3.1.1d software on it, which others have said include the 72.5 dish feature but I'm starting to wonder about that. Does anyone who's gotten this to work have any ideas? Thanks!!

-Stan

That's just it, it couldn't detect it other than saying it was picking up transponders 1-16. It picks up my 101 off the other dish, but not the 72.5.

Stan

johninillinois said:
am thinking solid signal have the six x eight switch available now and be in the 100.00 range.

I've got a 4x4 switch on the way next week, but shouldn't the latest software auto-detect the new 72.5 bird?

-Stan

VOOMER said:
So then its not 72.5 at all ! correct ?

1-16 on 101 is not related to 72.5 in any way.

If you where seeing 72.5 it would show 72.5 tp #s 1-16

If it is not hooked into the switch i dont think you are going to find it as 72.5
Your meter may allow you to align the dish @ 72.5 though.
To have your receiver find it i believe it has to see at least 101 and then it will find 72.5

Well it's definitely not 101, 110, or 119. I have dual tuners in the DirecTivo and it picks up the 101 off the main dish just fine. It's just not seeing the 72.5. So if it's not seeing 72.5, I don't know what it's seeing. I can go see if it sees any other signals in that area, but that was the strongest one. It wouldn't be picking up a dish network sat would it? The closest Dish bird is on 61. I'll go tinker some more with it I guess and see if I can figure it out.

-Stan

VOOMER said:
The point i am getting at is that without the switch with the flex ports your system is confused about what it may be seeing and has no way to calculate 72.5 versus 101-110-119-etc. therefore cannot add it to your apg so you would not be succesful in actually locking in on 72.5 through your system..

So it won't work without a switch, even it I just set it up for one tuner / one dish?

-Stan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts