THE NEW 72.5 SATELLITE LOCALS THREAD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
anyone have a link to where i can find the azimuth and elevation for the 72.5 sat. my zip is 13045. just wondering because i need to see what direction it is going to be pointing. is it real close to the other 3 or not?

I think it is to the east a few degrees? i think the 72.5 sat is at 173 and the 110 sat is 230 on a compass for me. sound right?

If you know the latitude and longitude of your area - use this site to find your info for aiming at the 72.5 bird: http://home.wxs.nl/~napel/sataim.htm

For your zip code (13045) use 42.26 (N) & 76.02 (W). Looks like your initial estimates as previously posted will get you into the ballpark so it should be easy for you to fine tune. Elv for 101 - 119 is about 34 deg and for the 72.5 you need about 40.6 deg.

We just got the locals in the Johnstown-Altoona Pa at 72.5. My friends just had them added last weekend. They have a phase111 dish. They used a 6x8 switch. I went over to look at the quality of the locals yesterday. They were VERY POOR, soft and color washed out compared too cable which they still have. Anyone else having the same problem? Should they call DTV and report this?

No ABC?

D* website now shows locals in my area, but it is not showing ABC as being offered? Any idea why? Does anyone else not have a major network offered in their area with the locals package? I cannot get and answer from D*. The zip for my area is 61704.
Thanks

by law directv can't provide them if your local market doesn't carry them
satellite has law against them providing other network from other areas cable can get away with it some market may get other area network over the air due to over broadcasting of their serve area

Finally got my response. They said this happens a lot when locals are newly offered. Here is the actual response:

"Before we're able to add a local channel as a part
of our service, by law we must reach an agreement with the local station
that gives us permission to broadcast its signal. To date, we haven't
been able to reach an agreement with your local ABC affiliate.

We recognize that the customer is caught in the middle of this process
and we hope to resolve it as quickly as possible, and begin providing
you with a full lineup of your local network TV channels. In the
meantime, we thank you for your patience and understanding."

I've read through this, maybe I need to wake up. But I have a friend in Tenn. and is moving to a new home. He is wanting to upgrade his system in the new home. He will be getting the 18" oval dish w/3LNB's......his question is....will there need to be another Dish w/1LNB for the locals off 72.5 bird (besides the oval w/3LNB's) and does this "combo" have 4 different feeds (just like the 18" oval w/3LNB's)?
Thanks.
Barney

Something isn't right

I activated my locals online, but realized that I needed another dish and new multiswitch. I ordered the multiswitch and have installed it. And I used an old dish that I had still mounted but didn't need anymore. I am receiving a signal from 72.5W but my local channels aren't the channels they are suppose to be, is the lnb different for 72.5W? I am receiving like spike tv for one channel and usa on one of my other locals.

Got it

I had to go thru the whole set up process, and let the receiver reacquire all the channels but after that all is well.

in case any one in pittsburgh pa area is wondering, johnstown/altoona local bird coordinates are - 180 degrees on inclinometer/compass and 43 degrees rise

help w 72 sat

I have 2 18 in round dishes, an Aspen 4x4 MS44d multi switch, ans a Hughes rx that gets APG. I am in the new eastern NC locals market. I have hooked bot dishes up to the switch and tried auto configure and it says that it cannot find 101 sat. When i check sig strength, i get high 90's on the odd transponders, but 0 on the evens.

How do i tune for the 72 sat?

Can someone please post a step by step on doing this?

Thanks.

To answer a few of every ones questions

Anyone who calls int o have a locals upgrade will get any equipment they need to get locals we will replace all recievers that need it.
as a note if you have a tivo or hd tell your installer when they call to confirm
so they can have one ready.
You can use the phase 3 and a 4x4 multi-sw as long as you dont want 110 or 119 so you wont have to change dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts