The new 811 software ver 265 is here!

scott5626

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
I just noticed the new software update just hit . I dont know exactly what it addressed.

scott5626 said:
I just noticed the new software update just hit . I dont know exactly what it addressed.

It corrected the issue of not being able to see the 148 bird, when using DishPro gear. It may address other issues, as well. That's the one I see immediately.

I do notice the DVI output looks darker, which would suck.

My 811 is stuck on the "Warning 061" download screen, "do not disturb or unplug". The progress meter is stuck at about 98%. I will leave it for another 30 minutes before unplugging. Hopefully the 811 reboots, or I am screwed.

Keith.

ROLLTIDE said:
The software update will take a long time ... Don't touch it

Very good advice. I would add that you should call Dish before you do anything, even if your sure it's hung. :!:

NightRyder

I held down the rest button for about 20 seconds, rebooted and then left the power off. The update kicked in again and completed. Now at rev 265. The uopdate only takes a minute or two.

So far so good. NO improvement in the mediocre picture quality, and playing with the OTA channels now to see what is up with that.

Keith.

Rolltide,

Do you mean the 49% bug? I am rescanning channels now, see if I gain or lose any. Did notice that sometimes when you first tune to a digital OTA, the signal strength switches between 49% and whatever it really is, say 80%, for many seconds. The picture goes off and comes back in. Once it settles down though, appears to be ok.

Keith.

I was told that the 266 update was in the CSR computer so it should not be long at all for the 266. I guess they only have info on their computer shortly before the software update is to be released.

I wouldn't be surprised if the original fixes planned for 265 were pushed back to 266, in order to expedite the 148 fix.

Does anybody else notice if their HD output was darker after the update? I only got to watch for a minute before going to work, but it my DVI output sure looked darker.

GaryPen said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the original fixes planned for 265 were pushed back to 266, in order to expedite the 148 fix.

Does anybody else notice if their HD output was darker after the update? I only got to watch for a minute before going to work, but it my DVI output sure looked darker.
I checked the DVI it's not darker it's the same. I can put up pic in a pic mode and compare DVI to S-video side by side.

markusian said:
So, the 148 problem is fixed. Anything else?
Along with my 148 problem now fixed, it appears, to me anyway, that the problem of locking and then losing a channel has been improved or fixed. It is too early for me to know for sure but the original problem of my 811 not locking on a VHF (digital 12) channel is much better than it was. Instead of the 811 giving up on the channel when the signal goes below 60, it now comes back when the signal goes above 60% again.
At the same time, that channel quite often was just black but that hasn't happened yet today. I hope that is fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)