The "new" iPad Announcement / Discussion Thread

I understand why Nick had to go out and earn money this week playing on the streets, someone has to bring home the bacon in that house :D...I hope he cleaned up!

Yesterday, I was at Best Buy and spoke to a lowly salesman ( as day before the managers were tight lipped, almost rude at the question) about what the policy would be tomorrow- He said he was told they would be handing out reservation tickets to those in the expected line at 8AM and those ticket holders would be allowed in at 9AM to purchase. I asked how many they had and he said he wasn't sure but there are two pallet loads of ipads under full time guard. I guess they have taken delivery already. Apple stock broke $600 a share this morning. Last evening Morgan Stanley raised it's target price to $960 for 2013. ipad3 sales are expected to double what 1 and 2 bother were to date in the first 6 months of sales. This is due to international sales, adequate production pace, and new market in enterprise adoption. ipad to continue to have 80%+ market saturation for tablet devices.

One of the nice things about the new iPad is that a lot of apps are getting re-done for the retina display, and in some instances, getting some nice improvements - for example the Kindle App got a thorough re-do, and is very nice. So can't wait to read books on it with the retina display.

One of the nice things about the new iPad is that a lot of apps are getting re-done for the retina display, and in some instances, getting some nice improvements - for example the Kindle App got a thorough re-do, and is very nice. So can't wait to read books on it with the retina display.
The flip side to that though is that our apps are going to be larger. I realize that it's a necessary evil, but given the fact that I got a 16GB version I'm a little worried about not being able to have all the stuff that I want. Looks like I'll have to be more selective about what apps I get and also be more vigilant about getting pictures and videos off the pad to conserve space. Luckily I got 50 GB of free storage via box so that should help with that. Also, while I do use my pad to watch a lot of stuff, most of it is on Netflix or streamed through my network, so I don't plan on downloading many (if any) storage hungry HD videos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)