The "new" iPad Announcement / Discussion Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Agree.
I just thought it was interesting. I thought the iPad3 would boot the quickest.

All in all it doesn't really matter anyway as most people do not turn it off to begin with. How often do you really need to boot? When you do does it really matter if it takes a few seconds longer?
True, but it goes against conventional wisdom when the device with the slowest processor and least amount of memory boots up quicker than the devices with better specs. Maybe the way the hardware is configured has to do with it. I remember reading something about when they were trying to jailbreak the iPad 2 that the A5 had a different boot style that was causing the hackers some headaches. Maybe by making the device more "secure" they sacrificed some performance. Still, I have yet to find myself cursing my iPad 2/3 for slow boot times, as opposed to my old Xoom which seemed to think an elaborate boot screen would make up for the excessive amount of time it took.

Boot times? Why are we even worried over this?- The only time I ever reboot is during an OS upgrade. My iPADs remain in standby all the time. So when I turn it on, it's almost instant and yes, the ipad3 comes up a tiny fraction of a second faster than ipad1. ( Just kidding) I actually spend more time punching in my 4 digit security code than clicking on the button to use it. What are people doing with this reboot stuff?

Come to think of it, I don't reboot my windows Vista and 7 computers either. All 3 of them have been running for several weeks now. Rarely I'll get a software update that needs a reboot and thats it. They run fine day in and day out. Now windows XP- that's a different story.

I timed my iPad 3 from a cold boot and it took about 24 seconds.

Am I the only one who is constantly checking the App store in hopes of seeing updates for apps that say "Updated for new iPad Retina Display?"

I timed my iPad 3 from a cold boot and it took about 24 seconds.

Am I the only one who is constantly checking the App store in hopes of seeing updates for apps that say "Updated for new iPad Retina Display?"

You are not the only one. But at this point, most of the apps I use on a daily basis are "retinized." :) That display still continues to wow me. On a daily basis.

I am installing new updates whenever I see a notification that the new updates are available. Which is pretty much daily!
Just got the update for LogMeIn Ignition. I am so glad that Ignition hasn't been discontinued yet!

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)