The NEW iPhone 4S Discussion

Although that one does not have the teardrop form-factor that a lot of the rumors have focused on. I kind of hope the one on the first page is the new one; I like the design; and the black rubberized back.

Or is it this?

iphone-5-concept-teardrop.jpg

Taken from here.

Diogen.

That's a horrible design. If you lay it on a table it will spin around like a top and wobble. That's truly awful. I plan on getting a Verizon iPhone, whatever model they introduce this fall. I have a hacked 3GS I'm using pay as you go on T-Mobile, cell only, no data. After having had a HORRIBLE experience with AT&T and now that AT&T is buying T-Mobile, I can't wait to get away from those thieves!

I don't download or stream or text, I just need a cell phone and when I go shopping I want to get online and compare prices in the store. So I would be a light user..

I don't want an iPhone 4, with the antenna problem and the glass back that too is a horrible design. I'm hoping that the new iPhone will be like the 4 but with a plastic or metal back and the antenna problems fixed.

:)

I'll be the dissenting opinion, and say that practical issues aside I like the thinner, curved look.

I wonder though if that could be a new ipod touch?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I'm going to agree with John. I never use my phone while it's laying on a table, I always have it in my hand or pocket. The slimmer design will feel better in my pocket and the curved back will feel better in my hand.

That's a horrible design. If you lay it on a table it will spin around like a top and wobble. That's truly awful. I plan on getting a Verizon iPhone, whatever model they introduce this fall. I have a hacked 3GS I'm using pay as you go on T-Mobile, cell only, no data. After having had a HORRIBLE experience with AT&T and now that AT&T is buying T-Mobile, I can't wait to get away from those thieves!

I don't download or stream or text, I just need a cell phone and when I go shopping I want to get online and compare prices in the store. So I would be a light user..

An Android phone might be a good fit for you.
I don't want an iPhone 4, with the antenna problem and the glass back that too is a horrible design. I'm hoping that the new iPhone will be like the 4 but with a plastic or metal back and the antenna problems fixed.

:)

An Android phone might be a good fit for you. Many different models to choose from instead of just 1 and 1/2.

An Android phone might be a good fit for you. Many different models to choose from instead of just 1 and 1/2.

I'm sticking with the iPhone unless the new model becomes un-jailbreakable which I don't foresee. I'm going to give it a few weeks after release because I know supply/demand problems will be a pain plus I want to see that it can be JB'd. There are parts of iOS that I do not like and do not want included and I need to be able to disable some features. I want the twitter inclusion to be 100% disabled in my phone. I have no use for twitter and I think it's stupid that they are making it a part of the OS. Another MUST is ad blocking. I will not allow ads to consume my bandwidth. I have an adblocker installed on my current 3GS and it's really nice. Another thing I resent about the ads is the tracking, it's an intrusion on my privacy and I strongly object to it. There are a number of things that apple does to pry into your personal business that I disable. I refuse to use iCloud. I will not put anything on "the cloud", at all. Neither Apple nor any app author will have ANY access to any of my data on my phone.

I also want a firewall. I also must have the ability to turn off the Apple Kill switch. I MUST install Cydia and use the wallpaper and style of my choosing.

I MUST have iBlacklist installed so I can blacklist certain phone numbers from being able to call me. I have my 3GS setup so that it rejects any call from a toll free number, for instance. That is when I take it out of airplane mode and forget to put it back. Another thing I require is blocking of text messages. That's the biggest scam on earth.

There are a lot of things I require. It's my phone, I bought it and I will customize it in anyway I choose and Apple can KMA.

Here's a few screen shots of my 3GS. You can see that I installed a FREE theme that didn't cost a cent through Cydia. I also keep it in airplane mode, phone disabled, WIFI enabled unless I need to use it to make an outgoing phone call then it's back to airplane mode. Right now it's JB'd and unlocked and I'm using it on T-mobile pay as you go until the iPhone 5 comes out. AT&T ripped me off one time to many and I will NEVER use AT&T ever again for anything. Period.

My folks are on Verizon and they said they will put me on with them in the family package deal. I'm one that would be a lite data user, I would only use data in a store to compare prices or see if I can find the same item cheaper online or another store locally. I would never stream music or video, ever. I don't text and I most certainly do not play games of any kind. I need a cell phone and a portable price check system for shopping and saving money. Oh, and GPS, it would be nice to pull up a map and to also find the best gas prices nearest to me.

Used properly, it can be a money saver. Most people use them foolishly and blow tons of money on stupid things like ringtones, wall papers, music, games, videos, etc... :mad:

Anyway, I've been using hacked iPhones for a few years so I feel fairly comfortable with them. As for Android, I've heard to many stories about bad things happening to them. No offense but Android just isn't what I'm wanting..

But thank you for the recommendation anyway... :)

Attachments

• IMG_0259.PNG
    IMG_0259.PNG
    222.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0260.PNG
    IMG_0260.PNG
    201 KB · Views: 142
You might be better off with a data-only SIM (iPad-like) and VoIP calling app.
And the SIM gets activated only when you don't have WiFi access...

Diogen.

I've never had any interest in jailbreaking, but I must admit Dee_Ann mentions some interesting features.

Pretty much everything said can also be done on an Android phone as well.

As far as the photo diogen posted, two posts above, who knows if it is it, but it looks nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)