The NEW iPhone 4S Discussion

As far as the photo diogen posted, two posts above, who knows if it is it, but it looks nice.

It does look nice. I just wish they would announce the phone so I can decide on my next upgrade. I am able to upgrade right now so I am getting the itch to pick up a new toy.

How about an iCloud iPhone?
Rumor: Apple releasing iCloud iPhone for free
The iCloud iPhone would cost $400 without a carrier. With a two year contract, however, the subsidized cost would mean a free iCloud iPhone. And if the claims are true, you wouldn’t be working with shoddy materials. The device would have similar internal hardware to the iPhone 4, and have a curved aluminum back plate–it’s supposed to look like a small iPad.

Only in the Apple world a $400 phone is cheap...:)

Diogen.

It does look nice. I just wish they would announce the phone so I can decide on my next upgrade. I am able to upgrade right now so I am getting the itch to pick up a new toy.

I have had an upgrade since early July. Just sitting back and waiting to see what the fall brings. A larger iPhone could be a possibility for me, but I might stick with Android. Just have not decided yet.

Another site - another rumor
iPhone 5 and iPad 3 get pushed out to March 2012 | KitGuru
And this is supposedly the iPhone Lite that will see the light :))) of day this year.
iCloud iPhone?

iPhone-4-Lite-KitGuru.jpg

Diogen.

I know a few 3GS people that have been hanging on all year waiting for the new iphone for an upgrade. They will be very disappointed if indeed there is not an upgrade this year.

Same here. Can get an iPhone 4 now if I wanted. I am waiting for the 5 to see if it is worth paying to upgrade and if it is easy to JB. If not, I will wait for the 4 to go down in price and get an iPhone 4 instead

I'm not sure I'd want and edge to edge touchscreen on a device that thin, would want a little bezel

There is a big problem with having the screen go all the way to the edge! Protective cases have to wrap over the top a little to securely hold the phone.

This silicone case (speck brand) on my 3GS wraps over the top a little bit but it gets in the way of typing quite often. It can be pretty annoying. But it's a small trade off for the protection. My BFF dropped my first iPhone, it was in a hard plastic case that popped apart on impact and the screen was destroyed and the phone ruined. I had to replace it out of my pocket. :(

I ~swear by~ these speck silicone cases. Many times I have dropped my old iPhone in a case just like this one and dropped this phone in this case, one time I dropped my 3GS from 8 feet up and it landed on cement. It was totally undamaged.

Anyone that doesn't use a protective case is a fool. These things are fragile and expensive. I will not use a smartphone without a drop proof case.

If they run the screen to the extreme edge they are going to make it very difficult to protect the phone properly. :mad:

All the way to the edge is a BAD idea. I hope they are never that stupid to make one like that.

Attachments

• IMG_4717b.JPG
    IMG_4717b.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 140
There is a big problem with having the screen go all the way to the edge! Protective cases have to wrap over the top a little to securely hold the phone.

This silicone case (speck brand) on my 3GS wraps over the top a little bit but it gets in the way of typing quite often. It can be pretty annoying. But it's a small trade off for the protection. My BFF dropped my first iPhone, it was in a hard plastic case that popped apart on impact and the screen was destroyed and the phone ruined. I had to replace it out of my pocket. :(

I ~swear by~ these speck silicone cases. Many times I have dropped my old iPhone in a case just like this one and dropped this phone in this case, one time I dropped my 3GS from 8 feet up and it landed on cement. It was totally undamaged.

Anyone that doesn't use a protective case is a fool. These things are fragile and expensive. I will not use a smartphone without a drop proof case.

If they run the screen to the extreme edge they are going to make it very difficult to protect the phone properly. :mad:

All the way to the edge is a BAD idea. I hope they are never that stupid to make one like that.

I agree, right now I don't use a case with my htc evo 4g due to the bulk added by the extended battery I use(thing lasts a day and a half with heavy usage). But if the iphone does come to sprint I'm worried about the screen aswell. I wonder how otterbox plans to develop a case for this phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)