The NEW iPhone 4S Discussion

Urban myth, and an interview taken out of context. In an interview with Wolf Blitzer, Gore said that "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

Yes, the wording was poorly chosen, but totally taken out of context. Move on.

Oh, I got it now. Not invented, but created. I see the confusion now... ;-)

Oh, I got it now. Not invented, but created. I see the confusion now... ;-)

:) I think you what he meant, though. took the initiative in CONGRESS in moving forward a whole range of initiatives, i.e., the development of the internet. Without federal funds, it would have remained a military and academic network.

Anyone remember Bitnet? :)

But seriously, the worst way to say it.

Giving up on guessing the shape of the next iPhone(s) or finding one in a bar, the
rumor mill jumped on the software side of things, the next iOS that will power it.
The new iPhone… | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
...the new device’s biggest selling point is actually a software feature called Assistant.
...Assistant is Apple’s Siri-inspired, system-wide voice navigation system. It so far
appears that iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS users will be left out in the fun, unfortunately,
because the feature requires the A5 CPU and additional RAM.

Diogen.

The Assistant must be more sophisticated than what other OSs offer
since (according to rumor) a dual-core CPU is a prerequisite to run it.

But then again, Apple might do this to force people to upgrade...:)

Diogen.

The voice assistant component on the iPhone has a history.

It looks like something didn't work out three months ago and the announcement was postponed.
Considering Nuance doesn't discriminate between platforms, Apple might have decided to drop them altogether.
Or their iCload infrastructure wasn't ready yet...

By the description of it, it looks like it works just like any other implementation: the
voice to text and back is not done on the handset but on the cloud-side instead.

It will be interesting to hear how this is pitched...

Diogen.

Maybe this?

iphone-5-cnc-dummy.jpg

Diogen.

AT&T Wages Quiet War on Grandfathered Unlimited Users

New Cell Phone Tower but Who's Antenna?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts