The Official 4DTV Maps Experimentation Thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok I did not wade through all 8 pages of this thread so forgive me if this has been covered.
On my 4Dtv I have X4, and my channel count is below 4800, if I where to sub to SRL would I loose what I am now able to get on W-3?
Thanks
Terry

Ok once I did the regular type convert my channel count went up over 5000 and I could not get it to do anything, infact I did loose the channels on w3, so I did a master reset, then it told me to program in sat x4, well I don't have an x4 to program in, but there is an a2, I think a2 was their test sat right?
Thanks for any help
Terry

Edited to say: Never mind it showed up, I guess I need to learn to be:D
TM

AI was the test satellite A2 is an Anik bird. Sounds like your SIT is corrupted. (SIT is Satellite Information Table) Were working on a fix for that in the 4D map Master project. :)

Like I said I did get X4 in, got it tuned in to get a good signal, I have done a rehit from web sams several times, I have all of the channels listed, but all of them say a subscription is needed, and I cannot get the guide information, I guess I will have to wait until Monday so I can call them.
So am I not supposed to have A2 in the list of sats, and why would this mean my SIT is corrupted?
Thanks
Terry

What is your channel count? Did you do a no brick conversion? What is your TDT?

Ok I am assuming the "No brick Conversion" is to keep the original maps, if so, no I had to do a master reset, I tried the no brick, and it would not work, I also lost the ability to lock on the channels on w3, which was the only real reason to not do a master for me, anyway now my channel count is 881, that is from the system status page, if I do the 67781 thing it says they are 1007, don't know what the TDT is.
Thanks
Terry

Edited to add: Also my guide says Satillite Service limited, or what ever, but it just says Guide service not available, one time it did show all of the channels, but had no information on them, I thought I had it, but then it just went back to what I said above, also I did a master twice just to make sure.
TM

Last edited:
If you did a MR your locked on X4 only for any digital till 4D Map Master hits the streets. After getting X4 downloaded have SRL give you a hit for programming, after doing a Options 6,7,7,8,0 - once you see a hit come down it will change your EMM to 4160. The guide will take at least 45 minutes to start loading.

Ok I did not do the MR until after I tried the No brick method, at which time I lost the ability to get the digital signal on w-3, and could not get it to work with X-4 either, so I did a MR since I had already lost W-3 I figured what the heck, I followed the steps on SRL's web site, I have a signal strength of 97 on my 7.5' dish, I perchased the pick 10 pack over webSAMS, did a rehit, my EMM provider changed to 4160 still no guide, and none of the channels that I paid for, like I said earlier I am hopeing they can give me a better rehit when I call them on Monday!
Terry

SRL is open on Sunday.

well yes they are "Sometimes with the pick 10 pack they won't go through so just give us a call" that's what they told me on rehits from webSAMS, I have programming!
I just never noticed that they where open on Sunday!
Thanks again
Terry

Open 7 days a week to serve you better. Glad your up and running enjoy H2H :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.