Big Dish in backyard. Scrap?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkemb170

Original poster
May 25, 2011
Indianapolis
DSCN2662.JPGDSCN2660.JPGDSCN2661.JPGDSCN2663.JPG

First time on this website. If I'm in the wrong area, accept my apologies. Maybe direct me to the right area? I bought a house with a huge dish in the backyard. I need to know if it's scrap or if anyone wants it? I'll attempt to attach pictures. Thank you for your help!!!

Doesn't look at all like scrap to me. Nice dish! Should be able to find somebody to give it a new home.

View attachment 65894View attachment 65895View attachment 65896View attachment 65897

First time on this website. If I'm in the wrong area, accept my apologies. Maybe direct me to the right area? I bought a house with a huge dish in the backyard. I need to know if it's scrap or if anyone wants it? I'll attempt to attach pictures. Thank you for your help!!!

You know that with a little help from the folks here you could have a new fun hobby yourself - - - you already have a BUD - - - all you need now is a receiver and a little knowledge. :)

Looks in okay shape.
The dish is probably aluminum (?), so it looks new.
The rust on the mount isn't too bad to cure with a little TLC.

It's either a 6' dish, or that's a way-too-big motor. :)
Either way, we'll try to get someone to remove it for you, if we can.

Depending, the person might dig out the pole (and concrete on the bottom [hope it has some]), or maybe hack it off at or below ground level.
Most times, we want/need the pole, but it's a matter of how much trouble the thing is to remove.
Is there access to the pole by a vehicle.?
Some members back a truck up to the pole once the dish is off, and tie a chain around it, and tug it slightly to get it loose.

If you can measure straight across the dish, that would be helpful, too. :up

I have to agree that it's a nice dish so if you don't want it I might be very interested in getting it from you. Question just what part of Indianapolis do you live in?
Your only 450 miles (900 total) from me and later in June or July I'll be coming back to pick up another Siberian Huskies from Karnovanda Kennels.

. Email me with a phone number and we can talk.

Last edited:
View attachment 65894View attachment 65895View attachment 65896View attachment 65897

That looks like a nice dish.. Are there still cables running from the dish into the house? If you are interested in watching some FREE tv (100% legal) , you could definitely make use of that dish to tune into the signals direct from the satellite. Free-To-Air receivers are very reasonably priced these days.

You know that with a little help from the folks here you could have a new fun hobby yourself - - - you already have a BUD - - - all you need now is a receiver and a little knowledge. :)
I second that. It will surprise you what you can pickup with that beauty.

rkemb170,
If offer is still good, I will take it off your hands, I live 17 miles south of lafayette, indiana, and could pick it up
no problem. I dont need the pole ,since i already have one. My email is dt6902@yahoo.com.

hope to contact you.

rkemb170,
If offer is still good, I will take it off your hands, I live 17 miles south of lafayette, indiana, and could pick it up
no problem.

Well, it looks like we both have and interest in it as I asked him in an earlier posting and so far have not heard anything back from him yet.

Well good luck,
I havent heard anything from him either. It would be nice, since i only have a 6 fter and trying to get the retro channels that need a bigger dish. Oh well i will save and buy an 8 ft dish from sadoun.

Well good luck,
I havent heard anything from him either. It would be nice, since i only have a 6 fter and trying to get the retro channels that need a bigger dish. Oh well i will save and buy an 8 ft dish from sadoun.

There was some posting at first that it looks like a 6 footer which is what I need and if it turns out not to be then I'll have no interest in it. Just have to hear back from him with a measurement so I'll know just what it is. Hopefully he get back to use this week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.