The OFFICIAL DISH / HBO Thread

Yes, Meredith is blacked out on Dish, Nexstar is blacked on on Direct. The FSN stations may be next, then add to that Fox Networks like NatGeo on Dish. No wonder so many people are jumping ship to go elsewhere.

If someone doesn’t care about “moving” maybe they should go to cable.

Reactions: TheKrell
Is it just my imagination, or did several posts from earlier today get deleted from this thread, perhaps by accident due to the server work or whatever was going on with this site?

Is it just my imagination, or did several posts from earlier today get deleted from this thread, perhaps by accident due to the server work or whatever was going on with this site?
Scott had to do a rollback to correct a corrupt database issue. Some new posts were lost unfortunately...

Yes, this is the change that Dish was preparing for, way back on June 26, as I pointed out in post number 1275. Apparently, Dish was not quite ready to make the change at that time, so they left HDNet Movies on 300 for a little while longer. If I remember correctly, there are supposed to be links in the Guide that go to the On Demand menu on channels 1, 501, and 300, but I still do not see any of those VOD links on my Wally, and the guide info for channel 300 still shows HDNet Movies programming.
Why oh why do we have to have the same stuff in 3 different places? :mad:
I hear you. Ever since this dispute started, I have been ranting about having Netflix in two different places. (And now the two channels (370 and 302) have two different EPG labels. Which is it, Dish: NFLX or NTFLX? Make up your mind!)

By the way, since I posted earlier, my Guide must have gotten an update, since I now see the "Coming Soon - On Demand Channel" listed for channel 300.
The On Demand Menu link finally showed up in the Guide on channel 001-00 today. The equivalent link for channel 501 is still a no-show, and channel 300 still just says "Coming Soon - On Demand Channel."

Reactions: charlesrshell
I just logged into my account and I noticed the Everything Pack is now $129.99 every day price with locals, $117.99 without locals. I checked a couple of days ago and I don't remember the price being dropped. (I was hoping to see MultiSport pack be a little less than $13 since all the Fox RSN's aren't included)

To me, that is the clincher that there is no intent to bring HBO and Cinemax back. As of right now the external website though still says $154.99.

America's Everything Pack | English Programming | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

I just logged into my account and I noticed the Everything Pack is now $129.99 every day price with locals, $117.99 without locals. I checked a couple of days ago and I don't remember the price being dropped. (I was hoping to see MultiSport pack be a little less than $13 since all the Fox RSN's aren't included)

To me, that is the clincher that there is no intent to bring HBO and Cinemax back. As of right now the external website though still says $154.99.

America's Everything Pack | English Programming | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support
If you really want a cheaper price on Multi-Sport, you can always call and ask for it. Try 1-888-496-1260 (Loyalty Department phone number) I am sure that they would be willing to make a deal.

As far as the mydish accounts, I can confirm that HBO and Cinemax are completely gone. I had both packages before the dispute began, and they both continued to be listed as check-box options of $0.00 each under Premiums, and my bills continued to list both packages as $0.00 line-items during the dispute. Now, those check-boxes are completely gone from the Premiums section of my mydish account, and those packages are no longer listed on this month's bill.

There is a rumor going around that the RSN's may be gone for good too. I think as the demands from the programmers increase, this is probably only the beginning. In the past few years the "Local" channels have increased their fees 600%. This cannot go on forever. I also read recently that we pay $9 a month just for ESPN. No wonder some bills are in the $150-$200 a month.

There is a rumor going around that the RSN's may be gone for good too. I think as the demands from the programmers increase, this is probably only the beginning. In the past few years the "Local" channels have increased their fees 600%. This cannot go on forever. I also read recently that we pay $9 a month just for ESPN. No wonder some bills are in the $150-$200 a month.
Well, in the New York sports market, that rumor is definitely the case. :biggrin A point was brought up earlier about Multi-Sport lacking most of the RSN's now. That made me think: Dish could give every subscriber who complains (about the lack of RSN's in Multi-Sport) a free subscription to MLB Extra Innings, and that would probably still cost Dish less than it would cost to pay Fox Sports Net what they are asking for. I am not saying that Dish actually would do that, just that they could do that if they wanted to.

Well, in the New York sports market, that rumor is definitely the case. :biggrin A point was brought up earlier about Multi-Sport lacking most of the RSN's now. That made me think: Dish could give every subscriber who complains (about the lack of RSN's in Multi-Sport) a free subscription to MLB Extra Innings, and that would probably still cost Dish less than it would cost to pay Fox Sports Net what they are asking for. I am not saying that Dish actually would do that, just that they could do that if they wanted to.
Problem MLB Extra Innings still blacks out local teams, so most customers would be SOL.

I said as much in another thread. MLB needs to dump the protection it offers RSNs. I’d sign up for the package for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app
I think the problem is the teams, not MLB, own the local rights and each team has a contract with their local RSN to carry the games. Until MLB is able to make the teams assign all streaming rights, local and nationwide, the blackout situation isn't going to change. And Yes, I agree it sucks.

I think the problem is the teams, not MLB, own the local rights and each team has a contract with their local RSN to carry the games. Until MLB is able to make the teams assign all streaming rights, local and nationwide, the blackout situation isn't going to change. And Yes, I agree it sucks.

It's actually MLB - they are the ones who draw the lines and define the area for blackouts. This past winter, the Cubs tried to have the broadcast area changed with the launch of their new network next year. The Cardinals, Brewers, Reds, and Tigers all agreed with the Cubs and the new lines for where Cubs games could be - and it did overlap into these other teams markets - but MLB said no to the changes.

Crane Kenney's advice to 'follow the breadcrumbs' on Cubs TV network is easier said than digested

Very interesting. Honestly, I think anyone should be able to pay enough money to view any game...

Reactions: pattykay
It's actually MLB - they are the ones who draw the lines and define the area for blackouts. This past winter, the Cubs tried to have the broadcast area changed with the launch of their new network next year. The Cardinals, Brewers, Reds, and Tigers all agreed with the Cubs and the new lines for where Cubs games could be - and it did overlap into these other teams markets - but MLB said no to the changes.

Crane Kenney's advice to 'follow the breadcrumbs' on Cubs TV network is easier said than digested

Very interesting. Honestly, I think anyone should be able to pay enough money to view any game...
Yes, MLB draws the lines BUT the local team owns the broadcast and streaming rights within those lines, if MLB had allowed the changes the overlapping areas would have had more games blacked out on MLB.TV.

As to paying enough money, in the 80s, 90s, and 00s Dollar Bill Wirtz pretty much refused to allow any BlackHawk home games to be available anywhere unless you had a way to get HawkVision, which only lasted for a year or two.
Hawkvision - Wikipedia

Reactions: zippyfrog
Problem MLB Extra Innings still blacks out local teams, so most customers would be SOL.
That is why I said it would be a substitute for those complaining about the lack of out-of-market RSN's (Multi-Sport) not for those complaining about losing their local RSN. Many people use Multi-Sport to view the end of baseball games that extend past the blacked-out time slot, due to extra innings, rain delays, etc. So, MLB Extra Innings would be a good replacement for Multi-Sport, and it would actually be an upgrade since the entire game would be available, not just the end of it. Also, if this was only made available for free to those who specifically complain about Multi-Sport, it would mean that many fewer subscribers would qualify for the offer (if such an offer existed) which would save Dish money by not offering it to everyone who is impacted by the dispute. :)

I wonder how many customers Dish would lose if they dropped all sports.

I think we may find out.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Reactions: pattykay
HBO. "Hard Knocks"...I MUST see it (I have a Sports Problem)...What is the recommended method to get it now that DISH doesn't offer it?
My wife likes Hard Knocks too. We have joined HBO thru our Amazon Prime. Plan on using our Fire Stick to watch it on TV. Haven't tried it out yet. TitanTV.com says it was supposed to have aired yesterday. When wife gets home she will see if she can find it in our HBO app in Fire Stick.

Dish started preparing for this on July 17. Here is the uplink report:
Uplink Activity Updates » Blog Archive » 7/17/19 at 3:16pm ET (v20) – 119 changes seen
Dish removed the OTA guide map-down from the satellite-delivered versions of a bunch of Fox-owned TV stations, and added separate OTA guide data streams for those channels instead. This is a move that Dish typically makes ahead of a pending dispute, in case the satellite-delivered locals get removed, so that OTA viewers still have guide data on their Dish receivers.
Well, it has now been three years since Dish's previous dispute with Tribune, and judging by today's uplink report it looks like they are also gearing up for a dispute this time around. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)