The Path to the World Series Starts Tuesday

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
The stage has been set. This is where baseball is at its best. First round is the most difficult round because two good pitchers can pitch three games and send the team to the second round. Last year some teams got more rest in between games than others which made it even more possible.

Divisional Series Round

AL

Yankees vs Twins (Openning in at the Bronx)
Angels vs Red Sox (Openning at Anaheim)

NL

Astros vs Braves (Openning at Atlanta)
Dodgers vs Cardinals (Opening at St. Louis)

The first round opens on Tuesdays. Fox has announced that all playoff games on Fox will be in HD. ESPN at open point had the playoff games in HD but took them off their website. I guess if ESPN does not do any HD we can call them the NFL ESPN instead of the Sports Station that they are supposed to be.

It should be a fun playoff season with a lot of surprises. Houston and Anaheim are very dangerous and would not surprise me if they beat their opponents.

My early predictions :

Minnesota eventually beats Boston
St. Louis eventually beats Houston
St. Louis beats Minnesota in the Series

I'll be rooting for Houston though. And for Jeff Weaver when he throws for L.A.
And I'll be rooting for the Tigers in the playoffs next year! :D

My wishful thinking:

Boston finally lifts the curse with the Bronx...
Braves scratch for, but make it to their birthplace...
Those Redsox minutemen scalp the Braves and run em out of town for good...

I admit there would be something fun about a traditional NY/Boston series followed by a traditional NY/LA series. But, please . . . . NOOOOO!!!! :eek: :shocked :no

Since the Rangers didn't make the postseason I hope the Astros win it all.

Detroit has a baseball team?? :D

Tomorrow Match ups:

Minnesota (Santana 20-6) at New York (Mussina 12-9), 8:19 p.m. (FOX). I believe it will be in HD!​

Boston (Schilling 21-6) at Anaheim (Washburn 11-8), 4:09 p.m. (ESPN):

Los Angeles (Perez 7-6) at St. Louis (W.Williams 11-8), 1:09 p.m. (ESPN)​

Early Predictions on these three games. Twins vs Yankees is a toss up. Twins have the advantage in the starting pitcher but I do not trust their bullpen against the Yankees. The Yankees have seen them too many times and each time beat their bullpen.

Boston has the advantage in the starting pitcher (Schilling) but if Washburn can maintain the game close, the Angels hitters can find a way to beat Boston bullpen. The Angels play like a national league team and will manufacturer runs as opposed to Boston who depends on the Big Bats for their runs.

St. Louis has the advantage in the hitting department. I do not think either starting pitcher is that good. This is a series that will be interested to see since both teams lack in the starting roll the big Start in the Pitching department. Will offense instead of defense determine the winner? Stay tune.

Neutron said:
Just kidding. :)

How about a REAL team besides the Stinkees win it this time?

They all REAL teams otherwise they wouldn't be in the playoffs. :) Right? When was the last time the Yankees won (2000). It has been proven that when it comes to the playoffs anyone can win it. The Diamondbacks, Angels, & Marlins has proved this. There are two things you need: (1) Pitching and be lucky enough to catch a "hot" streak at the end of the season and continue it in the playoffs.

The Houston Band Wagon is back!

All the ESPN analyst who created the Houston band wagon before the season started (because of Clements and Petite signing) and who got off the band wagon on July 31st (after Houston bad record) are now back in the Houston band wagon.

Houston winning the World Series is the theme of ESPN Mike and Mike radio show this morning.

Let me ask about before Houston goes to the World Series and win it, can Houston win a playoff series before they do that? There are two rounds before the WS and every one is disregarding all the other teams. This includes the Atlanta Braves who have been the most under rated team in the NL. Nobody expected them to win their division. After they lost all those games in the first half and were 10 games behind the Phils, everyone was saying: "Look I told you so". Yet, the Braves found a way to win the division and kind of slip under the radar of everyone. Don't under estimate the Braves. They can surprise a lot of people.

I'm going for the Evil Empire, my Marlins aren't in it, so here's to hoping they beat down all the "I'm on Houston's side!!" bandwagoners and that Boston gets to cry about the curse another year.

Here's to hoping all the games are in HD.. if not.. I'm going to bag my urine and mail it to ESPN, with specific instructions to be spilled on some dumb CEO's head.

Cardinals stroke first. Pujols hit a homer. I am watching in game delay since I skipping commercials with my HS2.

Man, these cardinals can hit the ball... 2-0 Larry Walker went deep. (Still watching in game delay)

Gone Gone Jim Edmons..... 6-0 Cardinals.... LA is getting a beating... (Still watching in game delay) Odalis Perez is out of the game... :D

ESPN just came from commercial and mathiny *sp?* home run was missed by them. 7-0 cardinals :) Bring Weaver... because I do not think LA has the pitching staff to stop the card's.

Joe Morgan just proclaimed the Cardinals as the team to beat and the team that will make it to the World Series for the NL.... Morgan's band wagon the Cardinals. Who is jumping with Morgan? ;)

Ah... Dodgers got back 1. 7-1

8-2 cardinals.

Boston on top 1-0. Cardinals game was laugh for them. I wonder what LA answer in game 2 will be. They could easily get swept.

3-0 Boston, Where's the curse?

5-0 Red Sox. Angels third basement can't make a play...

8-0 Red Sox. What a laugh?

8-1 Red Sox. Glaus home run. Is it too late for the Angels?

8-3 Red Sox: Rally Monkey is back... Schilling is out... Here comes the Angels

Very interested Tuesday for MLB Playoff. Red Sox and Cardinals are the big winners so far. Twins are 3 out away from a victory at the Bronx. The Twins have turned 5 double plays and have played outstanding defense. Defense and pitching is the name of the game. The Angels need some of that defense if they are planning to hold the Red Sox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)