The Path to the World Series Starts Tuesday

Twins/Yankees was fun to watch -- I love a good old-fashioned pitching duel. High definition, as opposed to Fox Widescreen, would have been nice however. But it was better than ESPN-HD's SD presentation of the Red Sox game. Are any of these games gonna be in real HD, or are they saving up for the World Series?

By the way, did anyone notice the little animated baseball ("Scooter", I believe was its name), giving an explanation of what a change-up is (during the Twins game)? What in Hell's bathroom is the point of this? Retarded.

The Houston Band Wagon is still on. Houston wins! Yankees are on the verge of going 0-2. What a laugh? The $50M payroll team eliminating the $180M payroll with a sweep. How sweet is that? Tori Hunter is going to Hunt the Yankees this post season and send the Yankees to an early Hawaii vacation. The Yankees are good enough to win 100 out of 162 games but not good enough to win 3 out of 5 games. How about Boston? They left the bases loaded twice in the first two innings. Bellhorn gets picked off with the bases loaded in the second inning and Ortiz hitting, WOW!

Baseball is great! Yankees are three out of way from defeat to the TWINS. :D Joe Nathan is going for his 3rd inning.

I hope the Stinkees lose and go home whining about how they should be the best since they get paid the most.

The Stinkees are a bunch of overpaid crybabies who get paid way too much.

Neutron said:
I hope the Stinkees lose and go home whining about how they should be the best since they get paid the most.

The Stinkees are a bunch of overpaid crybabies who get paid way too much.

You have a problem with the Yankees Neutron. I think your problem should be directed to your own team. The Yankees are not the problem of baseball. Baseball owners are the problem of baseball by not putting a winning baseball team on the field. Say what you want about the Yankees, they put a winning team on the field every year. There are incentives for people to fill the station and pay their DBS/Cable provider to watch them. They are the biggest draw away from Home. Every team asks for the Yankees to come and play at their baseball park. Ask general manager of the Royals who complaint publicly in an interview about the schedule. Now he gets the Yankees for three games per season when he used to have them 12 times a year. This meant on his end losing revenue.

I am not a Yankees Fan but a Baseball Fan. Money, of course, helps you to a winning team on the field but there's more to winning than just payroll (Angels, Diamondbacks and Marlins)

dfergie said:
so Sean how did the yankees do? :D

That was quite a game. You don't have to be Yankees fan to enjoy good hard fought baseball. I almost turn off the TV when Olerud flied to right for the first out of the 12th (I had to go to work) but luckily I stayed up to see the end of the game. I ended up watching some the Red Sox/Angels too.

Say what you want to say but the best series right now is Twins/Yankees.

Boston 2-0....Anaheim needs a miracle...

Braves derail the Houston Band Wagon for a while. This was a very strange game where Phil Garner (sp?) did some unorthodox plays. Now LA is tie with the Cards.

cards 6-3 Weaver is out. Weaver was just Weaver. A guy that cannot rise to the occassion and who folds under pressure.

Sean Mota said:
Weaver was just Weaver. A guy that cannot rise to the occassion and who folds under pressure.
You're absolutely right. I would never give this guy the ball for a big game. You just know he's gonna lay an egg. Doesn't seem to have the mentality for pressure situations at all. Head case. :no

What a game in Boston? I am going to second guess Mike on this one but he should have never brought washburn to this situation. Percival was ready and I would have lost with the best. Not with washburn who was not his best pitcher out of the bullpen. So the Red Sox made it and now are rooting for the Yankees to make it to get a rematch of last year or should I say revenge. That's what the Boston Globe had on their front page today. GO Yanks! in big bold letters. Sometimes you wish the wrong things and I hope they don't.

Kevin Brown showed his competitive nature and pulled one out of the hat. He did not have dominating stuff but kept the Twins out of balance. Now Twins face elimination and are throwing young Santana on three days rest (there is no tomorrow!) It is now or never.

Tomorrow is a day fill with playoff baseball. A lot of twists and turns. Angels eliminated in three I would have never thought of that. Will LA follow the Angels and stay home? It continues...

Man now that I am looking at the boston/angels final (recording), the more I say Soccias made a mistake. Two outs in the bottom of the 10th and get beaten by your worse pitcher out of the bullpen in an elimination game!

Lima Lima Lima time...

Dodgers win ah ah Dodgers win. WOW incredible that he was able to shout out St. Louis. The Dodgers live one more day.

Braves/Astros are in a 5-5 tie. Mike Hampton is pitching out of the bullpen for the Astros. Phil Garner took Biggio out of the game in a questionable double switch that only gained him one spot in the order. Biggio by the way was having a terrific game. Both Morgan and Miller question the reason why. Morgan said that he was not even going to try to reason the decision (implying that it was an idiotic move). Phil Garner also took out Clemens out of the game. Clemens who has been struggling all day had 85 pitches thrown up to the 5th inning. On the 5th, Clemens had his best inning by retiring all three hitters for the first time. On the 6th Atlanta came back and tied the game with three runs and you just wonder why Clemens did not come back for the 6th after having his best inning in the 5th. Hopefully the Astros will pull this one and nobody will question the questionable moves by Phil Garner on this game.

Another move by Phil Garner. He did not double switch and let his closer Litch only work two batters in the top of the 8th. Phil had to take him out in the bottom of the 8th because the situation came up where he had to pinch hit for him. Morgan again was like "I don't understand". The Braves made a great play on the bottom of the 8th to get out of the inning.

Morgan is killing Phil Garner. The Braves just scored a run to go ahead 6-5. Before this Fulcar was on second and Drew hitting. Morgan was saying why not put Drew, a left handed hitter, on second base and pitch to right handed childs who is 2-19 in the series. The point was that the pitcher has gone 3-1 to Drew and Drew was just waiting for high fastball. The pictcher got the count to 3-2 with a curve and then drew hit a hit with a high fastball. Morgan had stated that he has seen a lot of baseball games in his career but this one is a mystery to him (implying the way it has been managed).

Game over Braves win.... Phil Garner threw away this game and maybe the series... You have to double guess Phil Garner on this one. If Houston do not make it, this will be the game that Phil Garner blew, not the Houston Astros.

From ESPN website:

Goat
Phil Garner. Where should we start? First off, he gave Roger Clemens, who was pitching on three days' rest, the start and let the Rocket pitch only five innings despite him having allowed only two runs. Why? Garner then was forced to pinch-hit for closer Brad Lidge in the bottom of the eighth with runners on first and third and two outs. The big mistake here was Garner not making a double-switch when Lidge came into the game with one out and a runner on first base in the top of the eighth. Let's face facts here: Garner was brutal, and played a major role in his team losing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)