The PlayStation Vue Thread

I like the Vue Apple TV app much better than Roku's, with one exception. While there is a 10 second skip button, there is no fast forward to whiz through 2-3 minutes of commercials with the Apple TV remote.

Have you tried holding down the 10 sec. skip button so it inceases the amount of time it skips? That's how it works on the FireTV remote. You can hold it down so it jumps 2 to 3 minutes or whatever.

Reactions: SatinKzo
I welcomed the Viacom channels going, my motto has always been quality or quantity. I understand those with little ones and Nick channels but Spike was the only channel watched rarely and with NBA TV, BBS American both added its a step up.

Reactions: Elkview
Won't miss Comedy Central. Would welcome NHL Network and MLB Network, though. With my cable subscription about to cost me fifty dollars more a month, I'd look hard at this.

Trying out DirecTV now for the trial. They have a lot of work to do to compete.

If Sony would rebrand this service to something that didn't make everyone think it was a game or you had to have a console to use, imo, they would be killing everyone at this stage.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yep, I agree completely. DTV Now is a mess on day one. some errors expected, but dang, they have experience with this, PS Vue is new and the best performer of all the IPTV right now. I'll stick out with DTV now or the trial, but they have a lot to fix before I stay even at the promo price for 100 channels.

Pluses of the Vue compared to Now imo are:
Dvr. I'll take 28 days with no problems for my viewing. I use dvr on live tv a lot.

Pq. Things with motion on Vue is very similar to Directv...the satellite. Very good.

Reliability. Nuff said on this one

Pluses on all 3.
No contract!! I'm sure I'll try Sling again and Now once the cloud dvr is implemented.
The reason I will try all these services....because I can without a penalty!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

D now is performing much better tonight, with occasional buffering the only issue thus far.

Looking forward to comparing these two services over the next week.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You know, going back to Vue's Viacom issues, I forgot that Vue was around for a year or two before it released itself nationally. Still, you'd have thought that they would have signed a longer term deal with Viacom & not a one to two only contract to carry them. I thought of this because of DirecTV Now growing pains & people saying, "Vue didn't have these problems they started [nationally]."

Been using both for the past week, and have another longer trial of Now to try.

As of now Vue is a better service and if I had to choose today, it is what I would go with. The pq is good on both, vue is ever so slightly better however. The dvr function is something Now does not offer, and I do use it occasionally.

The five stream vs two is not a huge deal for our usage, but occasionally we will have three going, and for the same basic money, more is better.

Now does win on channel selection. It would be a wash before the Viacom drop a few weeks ago, but right now, it is what it is.

Stability for now is a landslide for Vue, but Now has drastically improved and is more or less stable now. I could see myself using it as it improves.

Going to continue to test and compare over the next month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Been using both for the past week, and have another longer trial of Now to try.

As of now Vue is a better service and if I had to choose today, it is what I would go with. The pq is good on both, vue is ever so slightly better however. The dvr function is something Now does not offer, and I do use it occasionally.

The five stream vs two is not a huge deal for our usage, but occasionally we will have three going, and for the same basic money, more is better.

Now does win on channel selection. It would be a wash before the Viacom drop a few weeks ago, but right now, it is what it is.

Stability for now is a landslide for Vue, but Now has drastically improved and is more or less stable now. I could see myself using it as it improves.

Going to continue to test and compare over the next month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

How did you get a second Now trial? Did you sign up under another name/credit card or do they not restrict it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)