The real season: NBA

I avoid the PIT. Sports and music are the only topics I feel comfortable debating. Besides it gets pretty ugly down there.

GO WINGS, PISTONS and TIGERS! (Leave the Lions out of this).

Salsa, I thought about giving you a little dig about the Heat losing their second game, but then I remembered the same thing happened in last year's finals, and we all know how that turned out. Actually I feel a 7 game series doesn't really begin until somebody loses at home.

Salsa, I thought about giving you a little dig about the Heat losing their second game, but then I remembered the same thing happened in last year's finals, and we all know how that turned out. Actually I feel a 7 game series doesn't really begin until somebody loses at home.

Well....Paul ole buddy...I can take a little digging...never bother me.:p Truth be told, the Heat didn't deserve to win....as sh!tty as they played. But seriously, how can you win when your 2 best players end up with 14 turnovers between them? I have NEVER seen a team win where there 2 best players have more than 10 turnovers between them....much less 14! Talent and athletism, the Bulls are a better team. Now do they have the heart to finish a team? Do they have the testicular fortitude?
We shall see.....remember, you said it...last year in the FINALS...they were down 2 games to 0 and losing by 13 with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter of game three.....so UNLESS they are down 3 games to 0 and down 10 with 3 minutes left....do NOT count THIS team...above ALL other, out.....:cool:

The Chicago Bulls are not the Mavericks, so I can see Miami coming back in this series. I've got a dumb question - - If Chicago is the #5 seed , and Miami is #4, why does Chicago have the home court advantage? Did I miss something?

Did Chicago have more wins against Miami this year? If so, that's why they have home court advantage.

The Mavs regrouped and whooped up on the Warriors. Hopefully we can take games 3 and 4 as well, then win at home in game 5. :)

This is pretty much the only time I actually watch the NBA, save a few games during the season.

"Hopefully we can take games 3 and 4 as well, then win at home in game 5. "

Dream on buddy! We're winning at least one more game. :) Warriors are not winning the series, Dallas won 67 games after all but we ain't going down that easy.

We are not as easy as the rest of the country think we are. BTW, on Friday you'll see real supporting fans not like the Mavs fans in Dallas. We've been waiting for 13 years for a playoff game at home.

Warriors, come out and play!

Did Chicago have more wins against Miami this year? If so, that's why they have home court advantage.

The Mavs regrouped and whooped up on the Warriors. Hopefully we can take games 3 and 4 as well, then win at home in game 5. :)

I believe Chicago did have more wins. That doesn't explain the #5 seeding. Shouldn't the higher seed have home court advantage? I noticed the same discrepancy in the West with Utah and Houston. Somebody please explain this to me.

You may find the answer here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Playoffs

Seeding Criteria

Tied Teams
In the event that two teams end up tied for the same seed, the following tiebreakers are employed[4]:

1. Head-to-head
2. Division record (if the teams are in the same division)
3. Conference record
4. Record vs. Playoff teams, own conference
5. Record vs. Playoff teams, other conference
6. Net points, all games

Here is another link:

http://www.nba.com/features/seedingprimer07.html

"The top four seeds will be the three division winners plus the team with the next best record. Those four will be ordered by record (and tiebreakers if needed), so it's possible that two teams in the same division could hold the top two spots, with the other two division winners at Nos. 3 and 4.

Seeds 5 through 8 are the next four teams according to record (and tiebreakers if needed)."

You may find the answer here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Playoffs

Seeding Criteria

Tied Teams
In the event that two teams end up tied for the same seed, the following tiebreakers are employed[4]:

1. Head-to-head
2. Division record (if the teams are in the same division)
3. Conference record
4. Record vs. Playoff teams, own conference
5. Record vs. Playoff teams, other conference
6. Net points, all games

Here is another link:

http://www.nba.com/features/seedingprimer07.html

"The top four seeds will be the three division winners plus the team with the next best record. Those four will be ordered by record (and tiebreakers if needed), so it's possible that two teams in the same division could hold the top two spots, with the other two division winners at Nos. 3 and 4.

Seeds 5 through 8 are the next four teams according to record (and tiebreakers if needed)."

Thank you sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Well.....now they gotta play for pride to prevent the sweep. OVER 23 TOs in game 2...14 between their 2 best players. And today...they could not hit a free throw even if the basket was 10 feet wide. You can honestly say, the better team is the Bulls, but the Heat really did give this game an now it looks like the series away too. IF the Heat hits 70%....they win easily going away. But as my ole buddy Norman would say...."shoulda, coulda, woulda....and if my aunt had ballz, she'd be my uncle...."

What happened to Shaq's "I hit 'em when I need to" free throw mentality? :) The big guy was a whopping 25% from the charity stripe. Payton didn't even play ... shows how valuable he's been to the team.

Well.....now they gotta play for pride to prevent the sweep. OVER 23 TOs in game 2...14 between their 2 best players. And today...they could not hit a free throw even if the basket was 10 feet wide. You can honestly say, the better team is the Bulls, but the Heat really did give this game an now it looks like the series away too. IF the Heat hits 70%....they win easily going away. But as my ole buddy Norman would say...."shoulda, coulda, woulda....and if my aunt had ballz, she'd be my uncle...."

Yup, stick a fork in'em, they're done.

LMAO....YEP...no free throws...no victories..! Can't get ANY simpler than that. NOW, if you think that Detriot Pistons are gonna allow THAT MANY wide open jumps....LOL..well...it ain't gonna happen.

And I won't say a thing just yet...but Dallas is not too far behind. When it comes down to it...the NBA playoffs is ALL about match-ups....and Miami and Dallas BOTH got THE worst match-ups they could possibly get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)