The real season: NBA

The dreaded "disinterest" finally reared it's head yesterday. The boredom showed on the Pistons faces yesterday. Game 5, and bring on the next victim. In the meantime I'm hoping for a 7 game series in the other semi between ... who else is still playing, anyhow?;)

MY OH MY......looky here...the Bulls stomp Detroit and head home with a little momentum.....hhmmmm....Detroit REALLY and TRULLY want NO PART of a game 7....because you would HAVE TO favor the Bulls in a game 7....they have NOTHING to lose !!!!

And when will the NBA get ANY controversy right??!!! They suspend Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw for Game 5 and yet when a little confrontation in the 1st half has Tim Duncan COMING ALL THE WAY TO THE 3-POINT arch....and nothing....??!! WTF??!!! Duncan has OFFICALLY become the most untouchable (EVEN MORE than ANY SUPERSTAR in...including Jordan)player in THE HISTORY of the NBA.....!!!! Duncan has done not one but TWO things NO ONE has EVER been able to get away with in the last month:

He got THE referee with the MOST experience in the league suspended INDEFINATELY AND was able to leave the bench almost HALF DOWN the court and NOT GET suspended.....if THAT is not "GOD-LIKE" power/pull/juice whatever you want to call it....I don't know what is.....!!!!:eek:

You want one? LOL. I think Tim Duncan should have been suspended also for coming onto the floor earlier in the game when there was a scuffle.

You want one? LOL. I think Tim Duncan should have been suspended also for coming onto the floor earlier in the game when there was a scuffle.
Yup they showed that on ESPNHD. Stern is a hypocrite. He used that very same excuse to throw out 2 SUNS players.

How did Stern let Duncan go on that? Can you say STAR POWER? I didn't have any problem with the suspensions, just thought they didn't hand out enough (Duncan should have been included). The real losers though were the fans.

The real Pistons finally showed up last night and finally sent Chicago home. This might have been a glimpse of next years Eastern conference champs. My Pistons may need a little retooling if they want to stay competitve with this young Bulls team next season. The difference in this years series was the gaurd play, and last night the Pistons guards outplayed Hinrich and Gordon. The future is bright for Chicago as long as those two are around.

Well, if Chicago was sent home then they didn't have far to travel. Anyway, Chicago is certainly going to be a competitive team once again next year...however, I am not convinced they have what it takes to get to the next round in playoffs. They will need to pick-up a quality veteran during the off-season if they are hope to get there. Should be interesting to see what they do.

Next opponent, please!

Chicago's biggest limitation is the same limitation Detroit had for the last couple of years; Ben Wallace. Defenses only have to guard 4, when he's on the court.

Detroit vs. Cleveland. We in Detroit will "witness" a 6 game series before we return to the NBA finals.

"Detroit vs. Cleveland. We in Detroit will "witness" a 6 game series before we return to the NBA finals."

I have no doubt that Detroit will beat Cleveland. Good luck with San Antonio in the Finals. Both teams are so good that I can't choose one to win the Finals, just yet.

Same here RandallA. As Salsa will tell you, it's all about matchups, and the Pistons and the Spurs are mirror images, especially in their manner of play, especially their commitment to defense. Allthough lately I think the Spurs remind me of my beloved Motor City Bad Boys circa 1989-1990.

Ugly win, but a win is a win. Lots of discussion among the NBA pundits as to whether LeBron should have taken the ball to the hole instead of passing off to Marshall. I'm siding with James on this one, Marshall was wide open and should have nailed that shot. I couldn't believe Sheed left him to collapse onto LeBron. That same move cost us a game last year against Cleveland in last years playoffs.

Ugly win, but a win is a win. Lots of discussion among the NBA pundits as to whether LeBron should have taken the ball to the hole instead of passing off to Marshall. I'm siding with James on this one, Marshall was wide open and should have nailed that shot. I couldn't believe Sheed left him to collapse onto LeBron. That same move cost us a game last year against Cleveland in last years playoffs.

Tell you what....he SHOULD have taken it to the hole! He is NOT on the current Pistons team that have AT LEAST 3 guys that can kill you with a big shot and HAVE that experience. He is NOT on a Spurs team that has AT LEAST 3 guys that have the experience to kill you with the big shot. He is NOT a team like the Bulls of the '90s that had Paxton or Kerr or Pippen or Buechler or the Pistons , Lakers or the Celtics of the 80s. He is a VERY GOOD player(the word "great" gets thrown around WAY too much in my opinion and SHOULD be reserved for AT LEAST 8 years of superb all-world play and CLOSE to smelling a championship or two) with a bunch of so-so COMPLIMENTARY players around him. So until Cleveland can get add "Robin" to his "Batman".....HE should be taking THE shots and develope an assassins attitude LIKE a Kobi, LIKE a Wade and LIKE Jordan did when he had nothings around him. And about last night....you have the Pistons on the ropes and the victory was THERE for the taking...do you think for ONE second that Jordan would have thought of passing the ball?? Yep, me neither......

If ya smell blood in there water and your the "great player" everyone SAYS you are.....passing should be your SECOND thought....

They went for the win. Marshall hit 6 three-pointers in his previous game. Stealing game one and home court advantage would have been huge. There is no way LeBron was getting a clean shot off on that lay-up. He would have been going to the line for the first time that game. (Maybe James had no confidence in his freethrow shooting?)

Watching the 2nd game of the SA-Utah series was like watching a repetition of the 1st game. Again Utah collapse on the 2nd qtr and their defense was again horrible. No defense on the 3-pt line, Duncan got what he wanted on the paint and so Parker and Ginobili with penetrations.
IMO, the problem is Jerry Sloan. He didn't make any adjusments after the 1st game. Despite being the most veteran coach on the league, there's a good reason why he've never won a championship - even when he had the the best PG (Stocklon) and best PF (Malone).

Sidney steals the show

Pacman Faces More Felony Charges

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)