The real truth on those freeBees from DISH

maybe you shouldn't have given him the CEO e-mail address in you sig & saved us all from the next price increase.

I'm just saving Poke a few posts. Regardless there's Einsteins floating around that'll give out the address so the point is moot. Everyone is e-mailing the CEO address from resolved issues that they want faster (such as a service call scheduled 72 hours out that they want in six) to failed audits, to the 4 622's they'd really like and they also want them for free. I'm just counting the minutes until Charlie cuts the cord.

And considering this post:

You could threaten to cancel, I believe you have a month to decide if you want to stay with E*.

That's an awfully hypocritical statement. There's a difference between taking care of your customers and your customers taking you to the cleaners. Now out of 13 million customers I suppose 2-3 bad apples is fine, but it says a lot about integrity or the lack there of that people take advantage of businesses (yes yes, business takes advantage of the customer too, I'm far from an idealist.) The point is is that DISH like every other major company with a subscriber base I'm sure has X amount of budget set aside each year to take care of its escalated customers. People who are otherwise happy but want something for free or aren't happy because they're only getting 1 free DVR, they must have two are not the people these funds were set aside for. And sooner or later when those funds are bled dry DISH will say enough is enough. Then what? The money comes from somewhere, either it comes from subscribers via increases, or retailers in drops of activations, either way, it comes from somewhere. Not that the customers getting 2 free DVRs after sending out "questionable" e-mails care.

This is one of those universal principles that everyone including customers and retailers will pay for in the future if people don't start thinking about it now. And you know what? When enough people pull the above maneuver and it does result in a price increase, there will be dozens of people whining that DISH should drop its prices or grandfather their old price in, and at least half of them will be the same people that just got that free 2nd DVR. Food for thought.

Last edited:
"...I can pay for anyone I want to get a satellite system under my name. ..."

Errr- sorta. I tried to set up my in-laws with Dish as an Xmas present a year or 2 ago. I'd pay on my credit card. All I wanted was the Club Dish credit (I've brought 4 households to Dish, 2 via Club Dish, never saw a dime). They wouldn't do it- it had to be in her name and on her credit card to give me the credit. After the credits all processed thru in a year, I could move it to my card. Inconvenient, but doable.

Anyway, local installer said no sight lines, would require a pole 80-100' from the house. I agreed to pay someone to put in the pole. Installer lost interest anyway. Second installer was "willing" to come a long distance to do the install (rural area) for suitable coin of the realm. No problem. Lost interest anyway. I climbed on their roof, discovered great site lines from the roof of their garage, was ready to do an install myself. However, patience of in-laws was exhausted- they stayed with local cableco, IncomptoCorp, and their 40 or so analog channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)