The Sarah Connor Chronicles on FOX

I was kind of confused on this. Does this mean they altered the future so he didn't get tortured, or now they altered so he did get tortured? :confused: I did like that little twist as well. I thought they did a good job with the future
traitor getting his past self thrown in jail. Suprised there was no video footage if it's such a secure facility, but it's only a TV show. :D

-Mike

The way I understood it was that he changed the future to make it so he was tortured. Because the future he was from he wasn't tourtured, but now he is.

I do like the little twist with her story and the "different" futures...

Yeah, it also makes it plausible for the T4 movie, a post-judgment day film.

Given all the time paradoxes they create, I am not surprised by the twist, but geez, it gets confusing. Still, its a great show, confusing or not.

Wow so no comments about the fact that john's "girlfriend" is also from the future? This is a huge twist.

Wow so no comments about the fact that john's "girlfriend" is also from the future? This is a huge twist.

I asked, only one response ;) We'll see what plays out on Monday. It does look like history can be altered according to the program guide when a T is sent back to the wrong time.

S~

The future has always been changeable according to the Terminator franchise. The question has been what happens to those that have left the future and came back. Now it appears that if they traveled to the past they are no longer affected by changes to the future.

No grandfather paradox exists. If you killed you grandfather you will never be born in the future, but it does not have an effect on you since you have removed yourself from that time line.

Of course it is just TV entertainment and they need flexibility with logic for different plot lines.

I must have not been paying attention either. I thought Derek's girlfriend was just pumping her for information on John, I didn't catch anything about her being in on the mission.

I need to go back and re-watch, as I missed that somehow. That's what happens when I watch tv AND am on SatelliteGuys at the same time.

Now I know why I missed that. I was a week behind. :D

Still trying to sort out why Riley was sent back. They be messing big time with the timeline. By all rights, there should be a paradox! :eek:

IT looks like after this episode that there is a lot of messing with the time streams. Especially when they start sending terminators back to 1920 by mistake. I still can't figure out why they sent RIley back from the future and who THey are: either humans or skynet. THis show is getting very confusing. But I still love the female terminator.

IT looks like after this episode that there is a lot of messing with the time streams. Especially when they start sending terminators back to 1920 by mistake. I still can't figure out why they sent RIley back from the future and who THey are: either humans or skynet. THis show is getting very confusing. But I still love the female terminator.

I agree they seem to be playing way too loose with the timeline; and it just makes for a muddied story.

Where did the guy in the wheelchair come from? So, Cameron has been hanging out with him on a regular basis at the library, but it has never been mentioned before? Or was it and I missed it?

Also, I sure hope they explain as I find it a bit random that she just so happens to be in a library and sees a picture of a Terminator back in 1920. It is like they need a whole episode to tie together last nights episode. My head was spinning.

How are you guys so certain that Riley is from the future? Has this been stated in an episode or is everyone just assuming it to be true?

I know she is working with Derek's girlfriend, but did they actually state for a fact somewhere in an episode that she was definitley from the future? If so, I guess I missed it. I just assumed that Riley was working with Derek's girlfriend for some reason that hasn't been explained yet.... like money.

I thought she was from the future too.

I took it from the scene where she flips out at her foster parents about how they are all dead and going to burn that she was a bit emotionally scarred by going thru it?

-Mike

I took it from the scene where she flips out at her foster parents about how they are all dead and going to burn that she was a bit emotionally scarred by going thru it?

-Mike

Well, for all we know, she was simply told about the future by Derek's girlfriend, and that it freaked her out. Just because she knows about the future, does not necessarily mean she is from the future. John and Sarah know about the future as well, but they aren't from the future. Riley may have a whole story that hasn't been developed yet, or maybe she is from the future. I just didn't think it has been stated as fact yet in an episode, I think at this point people are just assuming it to be true.

I also think if she was from the future and knew about John and terminators and all that... then why was she so calm and at ease when that terminator dude (Cromartie) came knocking on John's door looking for him, when John was clearly freaked out. Either she is a really dumb girl from the future, or she wasn't aware of the threat, she seemed to think it was just some random guy knocking on the door. If she were from the future, wouldn't she have been more cautious about opeing the door when somebody is carrying around a picture of John and knocking on doors looking for him?

How are you guys so certain that Riley is from the future? Has this been stated in an episode or is everyone just assuming it to be true?

I know she is working with Derek's girlfriend, but did they actually state for a fact somewhere in an episode that she was definitley from the future? If so, I guess I missed it. I just assumed that Riley was working with Derek's girlfriend for some reason that hasn't been explained yet.... like money.

Actually, I assumed she was from the future based on that meeting. I guess she COULD just be an independent contractor, but I htink it is more likely she was sent back to keep an eye on him....

spoiler alert, skip if you haven't seen it yet...

...this episode was a mess.... The whole 1920's storyline was filled with plotholes... OK, now we have a malfunctioning time machine? ..which kills the architect of a building, and then this terminator goes into this five year plan of getting the building made, Edgar Allen Poe-ing himself into the wall, and then popping out to whack a fictitious CA governor in 2010? (OK, it would have been MORE fun to note that Arnold himself is governor, but that would break the fourth wall too much). Blecch... whatever, hopefully they go back to the core storyline next week ...

-Mike

Yeah, that seemed to be a dead give-away. :D

Actually, I assumed she was from the future based on that meeting. I guess she COULD just be an independent contractor, but I htink it is more likely she was sent back to keep an eye on him....

spoiler alert, skip if you haven't seen it yet...

...this episode was a mess.... The whole 1920's storyline was filled with plotholes... OK, now we have a malfunctioning time machine? ..which kills the architect of a building, and then this terminator goes into this five year plan of getting the building made, Edgar Allen Poe-ing himself into the wall, and then popping out to whack a fictitious CA governor in 2010? (OK, it would have been MORE fun to note that Arnold himself is governor, but that would break the fourth wall too much). Blecch... whatever, hopefully they go back to the core storyline next week ...

That would of been so cool if they had put in Arnold in the role of the governor of California in 2010. Then the terminator show would of come full circle back to where the movies began in 84. Total IRONY. Then they could say that the terminator from the origional movies still exists today and he took over the real Arnold Schwartzenegger - an actor who was elected as governor. Then what neferious activities would the "governor" really have in mind for California. He is often known as the governator. :eureka

I am caught up, and didn't think it was a terrible episode. It seemed as if the Terminator knew his mission; kill the governor of California in 2010; he got sent back 90 years by mistake, so he sets himself up in order to accomplish his goal.

The Riley story on the other hand, still has me intrigued. Not sure why she was set back, she wants his story pretty bad. John, to his credit,did a number on that kid. When he fights, he fights to win. Sarah trained him well. I couldn't help think of Ender Wiggin. He doesn't want to fight, but if he has to fight, he will win this fight, and all fights from this point forward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts