The Superfan Travesty

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I didn't say you crossed a line my friend and you are definately entitled to your opinion and I am also. I did say enough with the whining. It's rhetoric now, son! When it came out it was definately protest, which is great. We are now done with week 2 and still you clamor. Call D* they're the ones you need to badger. As far as mastering certain art forms, I thank you. You yourself have mastered the art of crying. You are better at it than some 2 year olds that I know. Congratulations and keep working on it, I'm sure you can best the 1 year olds soon.

As far as the Costco things goes, I wasn't kidding about that. I love it when they cook up those Angus burgers, sometimes they get mad when i take four or five at a time, but what do they expect, they serve such small portions.

Crying? No.

Ongoing protest, archived in forum records. The point is that those at D* may encounter any of these threads and see evidence that it's not a few voices, a few early complaints, followed by general satisfaction after the dust settles.

Petitions and early complaints, without any follow-up, can be written-off as minor dis-satisfaction. Ongoing statements cannot be mistaken as initial upset.

Now go find yourself some professional help and quit insulting people.

One more thing JPN. Are you going to correct yourself about the Jets/Dolphins game? You were crying about how D* wasn't broadcasting it in HD when you new that New York had the equipment (typical NY response) and since I'm in NY and I, like you, watched the game on channel 80 and I, like you, saw a game that was not in HD are you going to apologized for your bullheaded response or were they worthy of your flame?

timmac said:
One more thing JPN. Are you going to correct yourself about the Jets/Dolphins game? You were crying about how D* wasn't broadcasting it in HD when you new that New York had the equipment (typical NY response) and since I'm in NY and I, like you, watched the game on channel 80 and I, like you, saw a game that was not in HD are you going to apologized for your bullheaded response or were they worthy of your flame?

I don't think apologies are necessary, and I think it's prudent (not bullheaded) to scrutinize hearsay from people I don't know well, and who don't state professional knowledge of a situation.

I find it curious that CBS chooses to skip the HD feed for its largest market. Trucks may be expensive, but I don't believe that's a decisive factor: CBS and FOX are not cash-strapped.

My turn for comments for the D* rip-off on the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Having watched the ticket since c-band days, this is my first year of not having the NFL games. I did not have a problem with paying $ 199 but I was not going to pay a penny more for HD games that were free last year and should be free this year. As far I’m concerned, all other features in that package are worthless and I saw no reason to pay any money for the service.

When I called D to discuss, they offered me no discount at all (In fact, tried to charge me $ 99) and I cancelled the full Sunday ticket. Sure, I absolutely want to watch my hometown Steelers and have tons of money invested in the HDTV, but IMHO, D* needs to get the point that they are overcharging their customers and enough is enough !!!

I have to admit on the last 2 Sundays, I have enjoyed doing other things with the family and slowly not missing the NFL. My fantasy team will survive without me watching them weekly.

i had no idea that the HD games weren't available unless you got the supertickeet until yesterday. i was sitting at home, and none of the HD games would come in, so i called support....

background>>>i signed up for sunday ticket under the "early bird" special back in may .... then not for 2 more months did the notice come out announcing the launch of superfan -- so at the time we agreed to pay for the "lowest price", the flyer said 100HD games ... with the sunday ticket. needless to say, i was more than upset yesterday when i found out you had to upgrade.

after talking to 3 supervisors and being on hold and transfered from person to person from literally 11am until 1:57pm (seahawks game started at 2, just in time!) .... i finally got someone to upgrade me for $19 .... they charged me the $99 for the package, then gave me a $50 credit, then they gave me a "courtesy credit" of $5 for the next 6 months -- bringing the superfan price to $19.

Still, I'm very upset about this. They lied to me, I just paid the $19 as it was the only way I could have seen yesterday's 'hawks game in HD. How can they, after I basically signed an agreement BEFORE the Superfan even existed, reneg on the 100HD games portion and charge me even more? If any other company offered the Sunday Ticket, this would have driven me away. Seems like quite the monopoly they have going there at D*, don't it?

For those of you jumping up and down because DTV cut your superfan by 1/2, 3/4 or 100% this year..just remember, you signed up for this. You've told DTV that you are willing to pay a 50% premium for HD content. (~$200 for ST and $100 for SF) Unfortunately, next year you won't be getting this deal and SF will probably cost $109. Have fun..
I cancelled. I made a stand. I'm enjoying my sunday's again..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)