The time has arrived, R.I.P Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I guess the D* boxes are really bad.... When I had TW, the 8300 used software from Pioneer (the same Pioneer that makes audio equipment) and it was reasonably good. It was limited, but worked okay. Later, TW developed their own in-house software that in most opinions, "sucks".

What interface/software does Blue Ridge use on them, if you know ?

Passport on non DVR's, Passport Echo on DVR's.
Yes, it was Pioneer, then Aptiv, now Rovi (but not branded as such yet).

Bingo Chip.

There is no BEST service and you nicely explain why there is no clear choice for what provider is best.

I disagree Scott! There is always a BEST....for each individual. And for me that is D* because they are the only provider that will allow me to watch my EAGLES every week, my Phils every night in HD and my Sixers every game in HD, cept when they play the Raptors in Toronto. So yes, I said it, they are the best....for me. So in case I haven't said it in a while, D* I love you!!!:p Everone else is probably jealous of Lil' Geofrey(tiny giraffe)

Last edited:
FlyingJ said:
I disagree Scott! There is always a BEST....for each individual. And for me that is D* because they are the only provider that will allow me to watch my EAGLES every week, my Phils every night in HD and my Sixers every game in HD, cept when they play the Raptors in Toronto. So yes, I said it, they are the best....for me. So in case I haven't said it in a while, D* I love you!!!:p Everone else is probably jealous of Lil' Geofrey

I know I'm jealous. The Sixers are actually worth watching again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)