The Tonight Show with Jay Leno! Part Deux

I'm telling you, I haven't enjoyed watching the Tonight Show this much since Carson. Last night I thought I was going to bust my spleen I was laughing so hard at point. Not everyone has to like Jimmy. That's why there are 498 other channels to choose from. But right now, in week 2 the ratings show he is succeeding. Still getting higher than normal ratings for the Tonight Show and the numbers are holding steady, or going up!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-top-tuesday-late-night-in-five-years/240377/
“The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” continues to deliver strong ratings, last night averaging a 4.0 rating, 10 share in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research, up 38% versus “Tonight’s” non-Olympic season average (4.0 vs. 2.9, L+SD). “Tonight” matched the combined metered-market household rating in the time period of CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman” (2.3/6) and ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” (1.7/4)."

I think it is safe to say that Jimmie is a certified hit on the Tonight show,especially if he keeps up with the great skits and guests. I haven't enjoyed Late night tv in a long time. I am actually watching it in the morning instead of my usual political shows. Great way to start your day with a good laugh, instead of Stupid Political shenanigans and depressing news.

How long should we wait? All I keep hearing from the critics is "wait till the shiny wears off." At this point in Conan's tenure his ratings were in free-fall. Jay Leno's ratings declined more in week two in both his starts of the Tonight Show than Jimmy's, and Jay didn't have the Olympics to "blame" for artificially high ratings in week one.

Jimmy is not the second coming of Carson. However, he has a quality that is unmeasurable. His stand-up humor sucks (in the same way Letterman's stand-ups suck), but his show is not just about parading guests plugging their crap shows either. They are coming to play with Jimmy. We have the pleasure of watching them have a blast and sharing in their fun! Whoever says there is no joy in the show right now came into it wishing they were watching something else. That's fine. As I mentioned, there are 498 other channels to choose from. Pick one of those instead.

I sure will cause Jimmy sucks, this comes from a life long tonight show fan, no more... the tonight show died 2 weeks ago and I hope it dies a quick merciless death. ;) (This is a Jay Leno thread, not a Jimmy is Jesus thread)
You're right. As you were sir :D

I'm still having Leno opening monologue DTs. Jimmy's show is okay and I do enjoy some of his skits and games, as something to occasionally watch, but his show is not doing it for me on a daily basis. And his stand-up is just as dry and boring as Letterman. Leno may not have been the best when it came to interviewing guests or performing in some of the comedy skits, but there was no one better in delivering a monologue - he came out hitting a home run just about every night.

I'm still having Leno opening monologue DTs. Jimmy's show is okay and I do enjoy some of his skits and games, as something to occasionally watch, but his show is not doing it for me on a daily basis. And his stand-up is just as dry and boring as Letterman. Leno may not have been the best when it came to interviewing guests or performing in some of the comedy skits, but there was no one better in delivering a monologue - he came out hitting a home run just about every night.

That may have been true in his first stint, but something changed after his prime time debacle and it showed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)