The Uplink Report

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Clearly, the RNC doesn't realize that rows and rows of empty seats look PHENOMENAL in HD.

The only empty seats were those with a blocked view due to the stage setup (big screen TV, etc).

When I go to the ballpark, I always wonder who is so clueless as to buy those seats behind the posts and beams - now I know that person is you...

PS Ratings show less empty seats in TV households for the RNC convention, than for the other party's convention, by the way.

I avoid bringing up this subject matter (in fact, I'm an independent), but I couldn't let that uninformed statement go unchallenged.

I'm still waiting on MPEG-4 for HBO SHO and HDNets. Thought is was to come about Sept 1.
I want to re-record movies at 1/2 to 2/3 their current HD space on my 5 750GB externals. Some HBO shows can now be re-recorded on the other HBO HD channels.
HDNet movies and MGM are the best source for many movies with no Voom available but some shows will have to wait for IFC-HD, I guess.
-Ken

The RNC probably didn't want the pregnant VP candidate's daughter showing in HD.......Plus McCain looks alot older in HD in my opinion.......

All of these arguments (including Scott's) have nothing to do with reality:

- It was on HD on CNN-HD

- There was an RNC HD feed supplied by Game Creek Video and Northstar. It seems likely that Dish did not want to pay to provide it.

- There was nothing on the RNC HD feed that was not also on the RNC SD that was available to Dish Network and provided on channel 211.

- All of the well known "characters" ( McCain, Palin, and their families ) were in HD on CNN-HD, so "RNC not wanting people to see _______ in HD" is not applicable.

Most likely explanation is that Scott was fed a line, so that they could avoid saying "we didn't want to pay Game Creek Video for the HD feed". Other possibility is that CNN did not like that millions of Dish Network viewers could watch the channel 211 HD feed and thereby not watch CNN's commercials, and so they complained to Dish, who agreed not to repeat the situation for the RNC convention.

Lets guess more of the flashy news magazine approach with no real questions allowed to be asked and they will have NEW HOSTS. They will limit Charlie from talking to much, except in edited video excerpts and they will shorten the length of any real content and fill it with more guest bullsh*t that takes up most of the time. Lets not forget the exciting Scott Higgins interactive crap segment that no one cares about or even uses. Maybe Leslie will come out with more instructions for stuff we already know about. WHOOPPEE!! I will dvr and then speed through. THat is the only way to watch it now since so little content is really revealed now during the shows.

After yesterdays joke of a retailer chat, I have no idea what to expect for Monday Nights chat...

They're going to replace Charlie with a CGI replica a la Max Headroom.

But due to the down-rezzing and bit-starving, most subscribers won't notice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts