The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The only thing with espn is they have the rights to most of the bowl games and the championship games in college football.

DIRECTV , the largest satellite TV service provider in the U.S., has decided to stop broadcasting The Weather Channel on its network from yesterday. The two companies are facing dispute over the programming fee settlement.DIRECTV currently has more than 20 million subscribers. According to industry researcher SNL Kagan, in 2012 and 2013, The Weather Channel received an average fee of 13 cents a month per subscriber. The content provider now seeks a fee hike of 1 cent a month per subscriber.However, DIRECTV wants the monthly fee to be reduced by 20% as rating firm Nielsen stated that The Weather Channel has lost more than 19% of its audience since 2011.One of the reasons behind The Weather Channel’s declining viewership is the growing popularity of its own smartphone and tablet applications with a substantial rise in demand for the devices........Go DirecTV and Here is the best part of it......... DIRECTV seems in no mood to negotiate with the Weather Channel. One reason may be that the TV networks for weather are getting intensely competitive. Privately-owned AccuWeather will launch its weather forecast channel in the third quarter of 2014. DIRECTV currently has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold).
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/directv-eliminates-weather-channel-214008367.html

Offer them a 25% reduced rate, one year guaranteed; if their viewership declines again, rate drops by twice the decline rate for two more years. And give them one hour to accept, and the Accuweather web address. And sit back and laugh.

I'm tired of ever greater rates. It brings a mean streak out in me.

Offer them a 25% reduced rate, one year guaranteed; if their viewership declines again, rate drops by twice the decline rate for two more years. And give them one hour to accept, and the Accuweather web address. And sit back and laugh.

I'm tired of ever greater rates. It brings a mean streak out in me.

dang,, wish I could use that in my negotiations

To me if the weather channel actually showed weather, and showed local weather, would be great if they kept them, but what they do now is rediculus. People are way better off without them because when there is severe weather during prime time they are showing shows, not waether. If they want to show shows, do it during the morning hours when there is rarely any storms happening, lets say between 8am and noon. Have that as your show showing time. I am on Dish and hardly watch them anymore because of this reason. I just go on my phone and boom, there it is.

My thought exactly.!!!!Dish can take it out of the line up as far as I'm concerned.Prospectors--what the **** does that have to do with weather??

There are a few things I'm not liking about WeatherNation. I don't like the terrain maps. They just need flat colored maps with the capital cities. These terrain maps are too small. They are irritating me. I don't like the temps showing the highs with the lows and the lows being "off set". The lows need to be directly under the highs. I know they are not the only ones to do this but why they do it is anybody's guess. I hope they improve because these maps showing the terrain suck big time for me. The maps are my biggest problem with WeatherNation.

Hopefully directv is working on a app for weather nation or another provider to replace the weather channel app. Anyone have an idea if they are working on this?

There are a few things I'm not liking about WeatherNation. I don't like the terrain maps. They just need flat colored maps with the capital cities. These terrain maps are too small. They are irritating me. I don't like the temps showing the highs with the lows and the lows being "off set". The lows need to be directly under the highs. I know they are not the only ones to do this but why they do it is anybody's guess. I hope they improve because these maps showing the terrain suck big time for me. The maps are my biggest problem with WeatherNation.

Hopefully directv is working on a app for weather nation or another provider to replace the weather channel app. Anyone have an idea if they are working on this?

WeatherNation is going to make changes this year, I'm not sure when, but in their commercials it said map enhancement with better storm graphics, and in depth coverage on the ground, but that's about it for all we know, Not sure about apps.

works fine here on my Roku., I brought up the app, it asked me for my location...entered my city, boom a screen came up...
Same here after all. I had to add the app first as I didn't have it in My Channels (I'm not a weather buff - I look outside to see what the weather is like !! :D).

and another weather channel; to start around October

Now another weather channel will start up in October besides Accuweather .

And there’s one more player joining the field. A small start-up known as Network Weather is also planning to launch a weather channel October 1, 2014. The Atlanta-based start-up has brought aboard former Weather Channel on-camera meteorologists Dave Schwartz and Rich Johnson and has already begun to post articles and videos on its Facebook page.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...s-weather-channel-accuweather-to-add-channel/

Ironic that there's all of these weather alternatives..... Considering TWC really had a lock on the market, when did they screw up and drive people away ? It probably started before they started showing all of the reality TV programming.

Weather Channel’s Bond Ratings Could Suffer If DIRECTV Dispute Lasts: Moody’s

The Weather Channel faces “severe operational and credit ramifications” if it can’t reach a deal with DIRECTV to bring it back to the satellite company’s 20M subscribers, Moody’s Investors Service says today.

deadline.com

note; will merge with main thread, later today...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)