The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
After I got a response from the American Red Cross, I wrote back and indicated their year ago message was being used now on TWC site, and could be seen as an endorsement of TWC with this situation. Today, I got this back:
This has been removed from their webpage. Thank you for letting us know. American Red Cross Public Inquiry

If Directv is going to cull the flock they need not stop with TWC.

D* could lead a revolution for a major overhaul in the way things are done.

If Directv is going to cull the flock they need not stop with TWC.

D* could lead a revolution for a major overhaul in the way things are done.

While it may sound extreme, why shouldn't a carrier be able to drop or renegotiate a contact whenever a channel changes its format? People subscribe to packages based on the content in that package. When a network changes formats it changes the value of the package/tier - often for the worse IMHO.

twc needed this. maybe this will be a wakeup call for them to get rid of all the reality junk and start showing weather 24/7 again

When you say they,remember that TWC is now Comcast/NBC,a huge company,all they are concerned with is the bottom line,weather be damned.They will most likely kill the channel before making about the weather again.

Soul searching time for The Weather Channel

The mighty Weather Channel, dumped by DirecTV after failed contract negotiations, is facing an unexpected storm. How it withstands it will go a long way in determining whether it remains a relevant and dominant weather force in network television.

The impact of losing DirecTV’s 20 million viewers cannot be dismissed – that’s a sizable chunk of The Weather Channel’s pool of 100 million viewers. The blow is especially harsh on top of a 19 percent overall drop in viewership since 2011, according to Nielsen data.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ther-channel/?wprss=rss_blogsandcolumns&clsrd

Good riddance. Almost 100% of the time I tuned in, they never had weather on. It was always some documentary. I guess they knew better when I needed weather info! Just another channel Comcast will drive into the ground like TechTV.

The American Red Cross weighs in with an answer as to why their testimonial appears on keeptheweatherchannel.com when I questioned why a non profit would involve themselves in a business disagreement...
"The American Red Cross has not taken a position on this issue. The quote you referenced is from a year ago and references the general partnership between the Red Cross and The Weather Channel, not this current matter."

Essential national weather disaster info (from RedCross, FEMA, etc) can be distributed on CNN just as easily as TWC. I'm pretty sure the minimum package that had TWC also has CNN.

During Sandy I think I watched CNN more than TWC.

I give D* credit, when most MAJOR weather issues are happening, (Hurricanes ect.) they put up thier own Weather Channel covering the cities involved at the time.

I give D* credit, when most MAJOR weather issues are happening, (Hurricanes ect.) they put up thier own Weather Channel covering the cities involved at the time.

That reminds me, the one channel I wish DirecTV had that I don't think they can get even if they wanted is TXCN (Texas Cable News) and I don't want to put up a 10 foot dish for just that one channel (it's ITC last I saw).

That reminds me, the one channel I wish DirecTV had that I don't think they can get even if they wanted is TXCN (Texas Cable News) and I don't want to put up a 10 foot dish for just that one channel (it's ITC last I saw).

That would interest a small portion of the country, maybe it would be a regional channel ... Much like the Longhorn Network.

What is on it ?

Hmmm, Looks like the channel is on in the cities I'll be in, in Texas next month, I'll have to check it out.
Brownsville, McAllen, Harlingen, Port Isabel (not available in PI or SPI, but will be going there as well).

Where in Texas are you ?

I can remember back 10 years or so ago when nothing else was on tv I'd flip it to TWC. Those days have been long gone.

Weather channel just posted on Facebook asking people to switch to dish network for their channel. They must be desperate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)