The Weather Channel....is BACK!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
**POOF** GONE! They switched the feed to WeatherNation

GOOD!

We need full time weather. May Dish do the same! And cablecos!

Maybe keep TWC for other programming, but there should be a REAL full time weather channel.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

True, but having access to the station otherwise it now shows the weather being shown now as recorded earlier. So they may have removed the reality junk but the taped programing part of the time continues. Yet the show on the screen says weathercenter live with them. Directv made the right call. The Weather Channel is still trying the bait and switch with the programing. The guide in this case still lists the reality programing on the providers even though it was removed.
It was nice seeing The Weather Channel actually have WEATHER on tonight. Looking at the schedule it was supposed to be a night of "Why planes T."

Dish & Bonten media settled today & now this dispute between Directv/TWC.....the new buzz for 2014.

"A carriage dispute is coming to your town soon"

HOLY CRAP

Directv changed the guide on 362 to match 361 (before it had TWC guide)
and they put up 362-1 saying they can non longer carry TWC

Attachments

• PICT0031.JPG
    PICT0031.JPG
    848.1 KB · Views: 221
  • PICT0032.JPG
    PICT0032.JPG
    775.7 KB · Views: 203
No settlement. Just GOODBYE!

Did TWC -EVER- make a profit?

so they posted on their spacebook page about their new "storm name" :rolleyes:
DIRECTV has dropped The Weather Channel from its lineup.
The consequences of removing the network from 20 million households could be detrimental to public safety. That’s why DIRECTV needs to understand the risks to your local community. Visit www.KeepTheWeatherChannel.com and demand DIRECTV puts us back in their lineup. #stormDIRECTV

and people are just LYNCHING them on there....and siding with Directv

I think it's hilarious that with this shutdown on Directv looming the Weather Channel started preempting some of their realty shows in favor of real weather. Do they think we are stupid enough to fall for that? If they get back on Directv those reality shows will be back in a heartbeat.

Ha Ha Ha their playing Adele Set fire to the rain on Ch362-1
They definitely set it on fire and got burned right off the guide.

Taped weather in some cases. Where they were going to rerun the same reality shows over again they just run a loop of the weather from 3 hours earlier when the second showing of each of those reality shows comes on. It is the bait and switch by the weather channel. They are hoping people won't notice. Either way I'm glad to see it gone tell they get back to being what they were.
I think it's hilarious that with this shutdown on Directv looming the Weather Channel started preempting some of their realty shows in favor of real weather. Do they think we are stupid enough to fall for that? If they get back on Directv those reality shows will be back in a heartbeat.

Oh, well - I don't miss it. I felt like I grew up with the channel when it was 24/7 weather and now it seems like it's anything but. Even their web site looks like Buzzfeed. They can go back to spending time making up storm names - I haven't watched them for quite some time now. I'm sorry how the channel has changed for every bit the worse. Just my opinion though. Sorry for those who did like it and/or relied on it. It always stinks to have a favorite channel gone.

Watching the weather channel, haven't watched it who knows when. Reading all the tweet scrolls on people saying to not drop the channel Direct it's the channel I watch the most, it'a vital, really?

Watching the weather channel, haven't watched it who knows when. Reading all the tweet scrolls on people saying to not drop the channel Direct it's the channel I watch the most, it'a vital, really?

A lot of those are more than likely unpaid Interns.

I have to be honest, with all the crap shows I see people complain about losing on this forum every time a channel is dropped, I am surprised that there is a general agreement that the Weather Channel needs to go. It's worthless as a station now. Like about 100 other stations we have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)