The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For me I could not care less. There are so many alternatives to the weather

Now if they would only start dropping this home shopping network channels, that would really please me

Now if they would only start dropping this home shopping network channels, that would really please me
Get all subscribers to pay a couple dollars (presuming that's enough) extra each month and maybe they will. The shopping channels pay the providers to carry them, not the other way around !

I turned on TWC for the first time in a long, long time (I'm on Dish) and I will admit, it's a pretty slick looking channel now. As others have pointed out, they were actually doing weather ! I've no idea if it was a loop or repeated from earlier though....

I loved it.. was watching both on DISH and DIRECTV last night.

All night they were trying to prove how much into weather they were. They canceled all prime time programming to bring us weather all night long as the countdown took us closer to Midnight Eastern Time and the end of The Weather Channel on DIRECTV.

It was Weather, weather, weather up until midnight then as soon as DIRECTV pulled the Plug The Weather Channel cut over to some movie, there were no weather graphics on the screen, no weather crawl, no weather on the 8's... nothing to indicate you were watching a weather station at all.

If only DIRECTV could show what happened to the Weather Channel after they pulled the plug it would make their case in such a huge way.

Last nights extended prime time weather coverage was all smoke and mirrors with The Weather Channel trying to confuse folks by saying Yes we do weather! Look we are doing weather!

In my eyes The Weather Channel lost a lot of credibility, as at Midnight they turned into the channel they said that they were not.

There is "some" programing on The Weather Channel I enjoy, but for the most part the channel is nothing more than entertainment. I do miss Crystal Egger, man what a cutie she was. :D Seriously though I get most of my weather and climate information from the NWS, NOAA and the Weather Underground. As far as DishNetwork is concerned, they could drop TWC too and give me NASA TV, ESPN U, or TV Land in HD. ;)

All night they were trying to prove how much into weather they were. They canceled all prime time programming to bring us weather all night long as the countdown took us closer to Midnight Eastern Time and the end of The Weather Channel on DIRECTV.

It was Weather, weather, weather up until midnight then as soon as DIRECTV pulled the Plug The Weather Channel cut over to some movie, there were no weather graphics on the screen, no weather crawl, no weather on the 8's... nothing to indicate you were watching a weather station at all.

If only DIRECTV could show what happened to the Weather Channel after they pulled the plug it would make their case in such a huge way.

Last nights extended prime time weather coverage was all smoke and mirrors with The Weather Channel trying to confuse folks by saying Yes we do weather! Look we are doing weather!

In my eyes The Weather Channel lost a lot of credibility, as at Midnight they turned into the channel they said that they were not.

Very disingenuous, very hypocritical on TWC's part. It's almost like when PBS stations parade out their best programming during fundraisers.

Eric

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1389710944.791547.jpggetting spammed on The Weather Channel app to tell Directv to keep the Weather Channel.

Is anyone else surprised at the venom being spewed at TWC? My feelings, and it seems like the feelings of others - is that of being betrayed by your best friend. Back in the day, it was the best network, the best to leave on in the house all the time. But I am surprised that so many others felt that way - the forums appear that it is easily stacked 20 to 1 against TWC. The other issue is, how much damage have they done to their branding? People on DISH want rid of them too...
Some wiseacre on LA Times made comment that Weather Nation looked like a bunch of 9th graders doing the weather, well, I have been watching the 9th graders online, and they remind me of another group of young mets who made history in 1982...

The Latest DIRECTV
Weather Channel
Update

Jan. 13, 2014

The Weather Channel has removed its service from DIRECTV, and while that’s regrettable, DIRECTV will continue to provide its customers with what they’ve been asking for, around-the-clock, 100 percent weather news and information now available on WeatherNation (Channel 362).

Consumers understand there are now a variety of other ways to get weather coverage, free of reality show clutter, and that The Weather Channel does not have an exclusive on weather coverage – the weather belongs to everyone.

Most consumers don’t want to watch a weather information channel with a forecast of a 40 percent chance of reality TV. So with that in mind, we are in the process of discussing an agreement to return the network to our line-up at the right value for our customers.

http://directvpromise.com/

we are in the process of discussing an agreement to return the network to our line-up at the right value for our customers.

The Weather Channel most definitely will be back with all its reality TV galore and a little bit of weather.

Very interesting Scott. I wondered if they would switch back to the "reality" programming after D* pulled them. Now we know "the rest of the story" :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts