The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I quit watching the Weather Channel back when they stopped talking about weather.

I sent out notifications to half a dozen hotels where I maintain the DirecTV headends, advising them on what to tell any guests who might complain. So far, I have not received a single response or acknowledgement from any of those hotels

I like that! One day I would like to do that too! For now my anemometer, barometric, humidity and temperature sensors cannot be streamed to the internet. When I win the lottery I will get one of these. :rolleyes::D

Not bad for $1000..
I have seen far more expensive setups from Davis and Oregon Scientific..
The only thing that scares me about this is the RS-232 interface....I cannot remember the last time I saw this....Unless I am mistaken, RS 232 is pretty much a dinosaur's dental floss.

Not bad for $1000..
I have seen far more expensive setups from Davis and Oregon Scientific..
The only thing that scares me about this is the RS-232 interface....I cannot remember the last time I saw this....Unless I am mistaken, RS 232 is pretty much a dinosaur's dental floss.

Mine is a Davis Vantage Pro 2+ http://www.davisnet.com/weather/products/weather_product.asp?pnum=06162

I have the cable which converts the RS232 to USB.

Works great!

My real weather site is at http://weather.satelliteguys.us

Branding:
Weather Nation: the upstart, the enthusiastic mets
Accuweather: coming soon, Mark Mancuso is over there now
Weather Channel: the has beens, shot themselves in the foot, HighwayBooBoo network, has warehouse to store Cantore's ego...

Very disingenuous, very hypocritical on TWC's part. It's almost like when PBS stations parade out their best programming during fundraisers.

Eric

That was my thought too , lol. and you never see these programs after the fundraiser is over. That was what TWC was doing last night.

Honestly The Weather Channel is past its prime. With all of the online weather info I can do without watching a meteorologist tell me about the weather.

Is there an app for that? I'm too lazy to look out my window.:D

image-1571913998.png

We have an app!! :D

I like that! One day I would like to do that too! For now my anemometer, barometric, humidity and temperature sensors cannot be streamed to the internet. When I win the lottery I will get one of these. :rolleyes::D

My weather sensor cost less than $200 and is still working fine after 5 years. You don't absolutely need the best,finest sensors to enjoy weather watching.

My site:http://woodlandweather.org/

Their Facebook page is quite hilarious. A lot of people are posting exactly what most having been saying here and then you see the copy and paste job they do responding to these people showing they have no heart in the matter really at all with their canned responses.

https://www.facebook.com/TheWeatherChannel

I think TWC is getting a bad rap. There are by far worse channels, they are good for getting the big picture.

24/7 of uneventful weather reporting is boring, I can understand the need for filler. They are no different than the other channels we pay for.......lots of crap content.

They earned that bad rap... They were just claiming to be vital to the safety of everyone, stopped showing their "filler" material as if it's normal, yet once they're off D*, it's back to normal non-weather info.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I've noticed during significant weather events they will break regular programming & cover minute by minute details as they should. During tornado outbreaks they hammer over & over the warnings/watches issued by the national weather service which they work close with.

Imo they do provide a good public service & cover big events pretty well. They have room for improvement & just maybe this dispute will light that fire. I certainly don't want to see this channel disappear completely.

I've noticed during significant weather events they will break regular programming & cover minute by minute details as they should. During tornado outbreaks they hammer over & over the warnings/watches issued by the national weather service which they work close with. Imo they do provide a good public service & cover big events pretty well. They have room for improvement & just maybe this dispute will light that fire. I certainly don't want to see this channel disappear completely.

What channel are we talking about? Oh yes, the weather channel! I totally forgot it even existed!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)