The Weather Channel....is BACK!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Up next on the Weather Channel: Honey Boo Boo gives her forecast for the remainder of the week!

I don't know if you can believe

http://www.keeptheweatherchannel.com/tellusyourstory.php\

But they are claiming that over 200,000 morons have pledged to switch providers over a temporary outage of TWC.

As for putting safety at risk, it is commonplace for TWC to continue running reality programming during severe weather outbreaks. I don't know when an outbreak of sever weather becomes big enough for TWC to interrupt their reality programming, but it seems as though they only care about severe weather when it affects large population centers, particularly on the east coast.

Edit: here is link with tweets from Jim Cantore following an 2010 incident where TWC stayed with entertainment programming during a fatal tornado event:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-weather-channel-trying-to-have-it-both-ways/

They won't let you post anything negative about them on there. They delete your posts.

The numbers are not real. All you have to do is push the one button and it counts it and then leave the site and come back and push it again. Anyone can do it. I imagine the same people are pushing it along with people with other services.
I don't know if you can believe

http://www.keeptheweatherchannel.com/tellusyourstory.php\

But they are claiming that over 200,000 morons have pledged to switch providers over a temporary outage of TWC.

As for putting safety at risk, it is commonplace for TWC to continue running reality programming during severe weather outbreaks. I don't know when an outbreak of sever weather becomes big enough for TWC to interrupt their reality programming, but it seems as though they only care about severe weather when it affects large population centers, particularly on the east coast.

Edit: here is link with tweets from Jim Cantore following an 2010 incident where TWC stayed with entertainment programming during a fatal tornado event:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-weather-channel-trying-to-have-it-both-ways/

Like a lot of the original nitch channels they have lost there way. Weather Nation is fine. Weather Channel -Bye Bye

Young man learns not to mess with Jim Cantore (Video )

CHARLESTON, SC (WIS) -

Jim Cantore, Weather Channel analyst and well-known harbinger of climatological destruction, is in Charleston for the next few days to cover what's being referred to as Winter Storm Leon.

Of course, Cantore has to deal with live shots in the field and that always opens up the potential for shenanigans from people who desperately want to be on television.

And sure enough, that's exactly what happened during a recent live shot at the College of Charleston.

http://www.walb.com/story/24567393/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Young man learns not to mess with Jim Cantore (Video )

CHARLESTON, SC (WIS) -

Jim Cantore, Weather Channel analyst and well-known harbinger of climatological destruction, is in Charleston for the next few days to cover what's being referred to as Winter Storm Leon.

Of course, Cantore has to deal with live shots in the field and that always opens up the potential for shenanigans from people who desperately want to be on television.

And sure enough, that's exactly what happened during a recent live shot at the College of Charleston.

http://www.walb.com/story/24567393/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Wait for it: Lawsuit!

The college kid should have been quiet as a mouse and knocked Jims hat off.:D

I was at a Wendys restaurant a few days ago and noticed Weather Nation being shown on the television. I figured they had Directv at that point as the cable company in this area and Dish Network does not have Weather Nation.

For a channel that is not getting a lot of love, this thread sure is getting a lot of posts.

Yea , a lot of posts to see all the love the Weather Channel isn't getting , lol. I just like to see all the shenanigans going on with the not Beloved Weather Channel.

They always try making the weather look worse then it is.

I remember one time they had a reporter talking about how bad the flooding was so she had to do a report from a canoe and as she's doing this report a group if kids walk by her in her canoe. The water wasn't up high at all. It was just another case if The Weather Channel making a mountain out of a molehill.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I remember one time they had a reporter talking about how bad the flooding was so she had to do a report from a canoe and as she's doing this report a group if kids walk by her in her canoe. The water wasn't up high at all. It was just another case if The Weather Channel making a mountain out of a molehill.

"You probably just saw those people walk by. You definitely don't want to do what they did because that water is life threatening and YOU'LL DIE!!!!!"

I want to see an ad that says...

"The Weather Channel and DIRECTV can help you survive dangerous weather, as if we are on your TV telling you that there could be some bad weather in your state and your DIRECTV signal goes out then you should immediately take cover!" :D

Just a day or two ago, on our local news (some call it "Scarecenter 7" instead of "Newscenter 7"), the reporter was warning people about the (insert multiple dramatic adjectives here) weather was, the risk of frostbite, and on and on .... while she was wearing a simple winter coat and gloves. Usually, they really bundle up, with hats, scarves, add a fake shiver, and tell us they're getting inside as soon as they finish this live report.

I noticed on the video that the weatherman is all bundled up and the kid just has a shirt and jeans on. What is up with that?
Go around a college campus in the middle of winter and you'll see kids wearing t-shirts and shorts in 5º F weather. If it's not windy, I can do it as well. That said, the kid had a t-shirt, a fleece-looking shirt, and jeans on. That's what I wore a few days ago when it was sub-5º and built a snowman with my kids. I did have gloves too ;)

The Weather Channel....GONE

Just a day or two ago, on our local news (some call it "Scarecenter 7" instead of "Newscenter 7"), the reporter was warning people about the (insert multiple dramatic adjectives here) weather was, the risk of frostbite, and on and on .... while she was wearing a simple winter coat and gloves. Usually, they really bundle up, with hats, scarves, add a fake shiver, and tell us they're getting inside as soon as they finish this live report.

Giving that advise is not such a bad thing. They did the same last year when I lived in Missouri and it was not that bad but one man died from frostbite and freezing. Some people can not regulate their body temp I guess. But elderly are at a higher risk.

That being said if it saves even a single life just some some silly stuff they do it's worth it to me.

Also not to mention most of their team is from Atlanta where it is normally worm. Put them somewhere cold it feels like they are in the North Pole.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last edited:
74 Page thread on a channel you all call worthless? I don't get it. TWC is not coming back to DTV so why all the shenanigans over it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)