The (www.voom.com) page is back! (And back to shutdown mode)

so I calld to ask about my installation. They told me some prefab message about still conducting business as usual. I ended up on the phone for about 30 mins while they were trying to get me an installer for the beginning of April. In that time she started asking me when I saw the website. I told her I checked it out yesterday. I then said *its pretty scary for you huh* and she sat for a second and replied, *im not worried about it. Things like this have been talked about before. I think they have it figured out*

Just my addition to the lovely drama!
I love voom and ive never seen one channel of it. This is like the soap channel. Only I get t be part of it.
"VOOM INTERACTIVE SOAP CHANNEL. LIKE NOTHING EXPERIENCED BEFORE. BEYOND TV, BEYOND HD, THIS TIME ITS PERSONAL"

ahjok said:
I was a little surprised to read people here still thinking/wishing/hoping VOOM will somehow continue -- it is over, they shut it all down end of March approx.

I'm wondering what hole in the ground you came up from?

I think that JL's rodent friends are starting to catch on to these voom forums. Time to call pest control.

ahjok said:
-- it is over, they shut it all down end of March approx.
I see we have another boardroom insider who knows absolutely for sure what the plan is :D .

mraveling said:
Registrant Info (from WHOIS):
Mc Squared Incorporated (38561322O)
Anyone have information on this company?

They have an existing business relationship with Voom

Mc Squared => + Joint venture with Ketstral Communications => FullCircle LLC => Voom promo CD software

Dan Berndt said:
........ If VOOM can maintain this kind of momentum (and the latest drama is only going to help) ...........

I disagree. I think this latest drama is only going to hurt them. The people on this forum who actually keep informed about this stuff are the minority. Most people go to voom's website for info, the info they get is "go away we are closing", they read the news stories that say voom is shutting down, and they simply get another service and write voom off. End of story. I don't see how in the world this can help voom. :(

"I don't see how in the world this can help voom"

In certain circumstances (in the marketing world) clients actually ask for 'bad press' or confusion. I'm not saying that’s what’s happening here, but without a doubt they've had a lot of free publicity these last few weeks.

lostcause said:
Most people go to voom's website for info, the info they get is "go away we are closing", they read the news stories that say voom is shutting down, and they simply get another service and write voom off. End of story. I don't see how in the world this can help voom. :(

I disagree…I think most new subscribers are signing up after watching the Voom infomercial. Thus, they are calling the 800 number to get hooked up.

lostcause said:
I disagree. I think this latest drama is only going to hurt them. The people on this forum who actually keep informed about this stuff are the minority. Most people go to voom's website for info, the info they get is "go away we are closing", they read the news stories that say voom is shutting down, and they simply get another service and write voom off. End of story. I don't see how in the world this can help voom. :(

Most people have never even heard of VOOM. The only reason I found out about VOOM was because I cruse electronics stores like a shark looking for its' next meal. VOOM has very little brand recognition as yet.

The more publicity VOOM has the more the word "VOOM" will stick in peoples minds. Then when these people go the electronics store to buy their HDTV or when they go to upgrade their entertainment service they will want to see what's up with this new service provider VOOM. All you have to do is look at the number of times this forum has been hit today to see how power even bad publicity is.

Dan Berndt said:
Most people have never even heard of VOOM. The only reason I found out about VOOM was because I cruse electronics stores like a shark looking for its' next meal. VOOM has very little brand recognition as yet.

The more publicity VOOM has the more the word "VOOM" will stick in peoples minds. Then when these people go the electronics store to buy their HDTV or when they go to upgrade their entertainment service they will want to see what's up with this new service provider VOOM. All you have to do is look at the number of times this forum has been hit today to see how power even bad publicity is.
The moment I heard about what is going on I called TWC to schedule a hookup. The CSR asked me if I had current service anywhere else and I replied, "Yeah, I am with Voom, looks like they are shutting down." He replied, "WHO??". "Voom", I said. His response, "What is VOOM?" I then asked how long he had been a CSR for TWC and he responded, "Three years." That pretty much says it all.

ddlsmith I replied said:
I spoke to TWC cable about three weeks ago to inquire about their HD offerings and mentioned that I am currently with a SAT company with a lot of HD channels (without mentioning Voom) and she immediately said, “you must be with Voom.” So, there are people out there, even people in the cable industry, who know of Voom…

joep said:
I spoke to TWC cable about three weeks ago to inquire about their HD offerings and mentioned that I am currently with a SAT company with a lot of HD channels (without mentioning Voom) and she immediately said, “you must be with Voom.” So, there are people out there, even people in the cable industry, who know of Voom…

Some people just choose to remain ignorant to the fact that they have choices in this world. This would mostly include anyone that works for a cable company.

nuff said,

And some people will work for money they need to survive and do not care how many HD channels that company carries ... nuff said.

For those of you pondering the move to Comcast....

If you decide to wait it out until VOOM dies, you could very well be losing $400 credit in Comcast's Dump The Dish promotion.

why should we leave now when we're supposed to have voom until the end of the month, in addition why should we even consider leaving when we don't even know what going to happen. Anyone that leaves now in my opinion must be really "ok I won't say it" and addicted to their tv and they are going to be kicking themselves in the ass when VOOM survives and begins adding more channels and delievers that DVR they promised. I know for a fact that if my tv was off for only a couple of days til the cable company can get out here and hook me up I'd survive.

danielle_s said:
why should we leave now when we're supposed to have voom until the end of the month, in addition why should we even consider leaving when we don't even know what going to happen. Anyone that leaves now in my opinion must be really "ok I won't say it" and addicted to their tv and they are going to be kicking themselves in the ass when VOOM survives and begins adding more channels and delievers that DVR they promised. I know for a fact that if my tv was off for only a couple of days til the cable company can get out here and hook me up I'd survive.

$400 credit... that's why

Or, there is no such thing as bad press.

If Voom LLC pulls out of this with a coup by Charles Dolan, I can assure you there will be some talk in the primetime news about it and that will generate even more subs.

penguinbrat said:
Record expires on 06-Aug-2005.
Record created on 05-Sep-2003.
Database last updated on 2-Mar-2005 14:41:11 EST.

There must be a fight going on - go Charles!!!
Database last updated, not record last updated. :)

voomllc.com is a single page. A frame masking the true source of the data.
This morning and now it points to a /voom/ page on msquared site.
For a brief time when Voom.com was up they repointed the frame to the restored Voom.com with NO CONTENT other than the frame being from voomllc.com .

I'd bet that there is an individual in this very forum that set up the domain and was controlling it as we heard the news this morning. We've been played.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)