The (www.voom.com) page is back! (And back to shutdown mode)

Most of VOOM's subs are probably not even aware of the drama here. If they are receiving a signal they are not apt to be checking around for something. If anyone did happen to hit VOOM's website during the "closing / no new subcribers" notice they would probably have called VOOM and CSRs would have told them everything was OK.
Geez they got the website stitched from VOOM to VOOMHD in less then 24 hours. The only people who know anything changed are probably the people who frequent this forum.

If you look around there is someone that announced he was asked to put up voomLLC for someone in Cablevision. Both Scott and Sean seem to believe him

Yes, somebody who registered in March of 2005 and has 2 posts.

I notice that the domain was registered for one year, the cheapest total expenditure one can make on a web domain.

erron posts a nice graphic that should give some proof that it is legit, but he is also a new user in the last 2 days with 5 posts.

I often get emails where they say "This is true, I called and spoke with so and so at this number" and people will believe it without calling the number to verify. Most times, you will probably find the number does not work or is not the number for who they claim it should be.

While I am not calling errol a liar, I am saying I am still skeptical because of his recent addition to the forum. I wouldn't believe it unless I checked it out myself of if another senior member here like Sean Mota or even a straight-shooter who doesn't live on the forum, like deeann said they verified the story.

Let me guarantee you one thing pointdexter.....I don't care enough to try to fake that screen. I implore anyone at all to do what did to see if its true.

http://voom.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/voom.cfg/php/enduser/live_page.php

Theres the link to live assistance. And if you look at the thread where I posted the image....someone else spoke to the same CSR. Ah well. Just trying to help. I t really doesn't matter if ppl on here are paranoid skeptics.

justalurker said:
Database last updated, not record last updated. :)

voomllc.com is a single page. A frame masking the true source of the data.
This morning and now it points to a /voom/ page on msquared site.
For a brief time when Voom.com was up they repointed the frame to the restored Voom.com with NO CONTENT other than the frame being from voomllc.com .

I'd bet that there is an individual in this very forum that set up the domain and was controlling it as we heard the news this morning. We've been played.

JL
Check this...http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=379340#post379340

And people wonder why there is so much roadkill? Vicki

justalurker said:
Database last updated, not record last updated. :)
I'd bet that there is an individual in this very forum that set up the domain and was controlling it as we heard the news this morning. We've been played.
JL
I've been thinking that too, but the advertisements on this site and others now link to VoomLLC - I don't think that can be easily accomplished by someone just playing around.

I got it!!!

JL is evil James :dev

(This would explain how he has the time to lurk here :eureka )

Vicki said:
Check this...http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=379340#post379340
And people wonder why there is so much roadkill? Vicki
Are CSRs suddenly all knowledgeable, or do they only get your 100% trust when they say something you like?
veek.jpg

JL

JL...you are just mad because you were wrong about it being a hoax site. Shush. hahaa

Guess I'd rather trust a CSR than a rat :D

What's your beef with Voom? Can't afford a HD set or something? :shocked

justalurker said:
Are CSRs suddenly all knowledgeable, or do they only get your 100% trust when they say something you like?
veek.jpg

JL
I like you JL and I am so sorry I ran over you with my Hummer last night. Just try to stay off the highways after dark, OK? Glad you're feeling better.

runover2.jpg

I cannot check out the help link because my security settings prevent the applet from starting. Enough other people are verifying this that I am a believer now that it is legit.

While you may not care enough to fake a site, there are people who do. Some are lazy and just troll and others are dilligent in their efforts to stir the pot.

How long does this roller coaster last? While I am enjoying the scenery, I would appreciate fewer twists and turns.

No, not actually...

wrong.gif
justalurker said:
veek.jpg

JL
It's just that they get a lot more of my trust than you do...even when you're saying something that bears some semblance to fact.
grinning-smiley-022.gif

Hi Mr. P! As far as the new site goes, from what I can tell it's on the up-and-up. And there is a definite prior (to today) relationship between MC Squared and Voom (in other posts on here and AVS I have a quick map showing the connections and also on my blog entry).

The phone numbers between the old site and the new Voomllc.com site both go to the same recording and options.

The adserver redirect and the encoder switchover are also a positive signs, but I still can't predict for sure how things'll shake out in the end.

deeann said:
Hi Mr. P! As far as the new site goes, from what I can tell it's on the up-and-up. And there is a definate prior (to today) relationship between MC Squared and Voom (in other posts on here and AVS I have a quick map showing the connections and also on my blog entry).

The phone numbers between the old site and the new Voomllc.com site both go to the same recording and options.

The adserver redirect and the encoder switchover are also a positive signs, but I still can't predict for sure how things'll shake out in the end.

"Squared and Voom" Remeber that there is a difference between VOOM and VOOM HD, LLC. so the relationship that your talking about is between VOOM HD,LLC.

danielle_s said:
"Squared and Voom" Remeber that there is a difference between VOOM and VOOM HD, LLC. so the relationship that your talking about is between VOOM HD,LLC.

Not neccesarily- I don't have the software but maybe someone else who has it can check how it's labeled, but the MC Squared=> FullCircle press release from January says just "Voom", not "Voom, LLC" or "Rainbow Media", though CV is mentioned (which at the project/PR release time seems correct) but since I'm starting to feel a little fuzzy right now and need to stop soon- when did the Voom division become "Voom, LLC"? I don't remember.

http://www.fceboard.com./html/pr_january_14__2005.html

Voom is still owned by Cablevision, until they tell us otherwise that is the way it is. Voom HD, LLC is a company that Tom and Charles Dolan own. If Jim Dolan put up the the VOOM is no longer accepting new customers on the Voom.com site which is owned by cablevision then I don't see why that someone from Cablevision would have instructed MC S to setup a site at voomllc.com unless it was from someone like tom, charles, or wilt, calling from cablevision's offices. That is the connection, the only connection that makes any sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)