The YouTube TV Thread

If there is a next one to go, I’d wager Fubo would be it.
I find the recent announcement that Google Fiber is going with Fubo as one of their promoted TV service options interesting. See osu1991's thread here:

Now that YTTV was added to the options more recently, it will be interesting to see how the two services fare in this environment.

I’m most likely going to be going to YTTV when my 2 week trial expires as it will save me about $40/month now, and about $60/month in June compared to my cable subscriptions.

For that I’ll pick up some channels Mediacom doesn’t have in my subscription level, and lose a couple of not cared about channels Mediacom does have.

I’m kind of having a love/hate relationship with how the DVR function works but it is growing on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Ronnie-
...I’m kind of having a love/hate relationship with how the DVR function works but it is growing on me.
For me the DVR functions were buggy at first. They seem to have improved in the past 2 weeks or so. Like now, "start from beginning" actually works most of the time. A few weeks ago it didn't, along with fast forward and rewind.

I'm still undecided on whether to continue.

I liked DirecTV's DVR UI better but think YTTV's DVR back-end is better.

Re FF and RW are you using the D-pad or the FF/RW buttons? I was using the buttons and it sucked, but using the Select button to Pause/Play and the Left/Right arrows to RW/FW on the D-pad works great.

Left DirecTV in October after 23 years and can't imagine going back. Kissed a lot of toads over the last two years trying find an alternative. For me, YTTV is the one.

Have you looked at fubotv? I like their dvr but they don't have ABC in my area.

Looked. Don’t have Fox or ABC here, but that would be OK as I can get them via OTA. But it is also missing FX, FXX and FXM which are important... Uh, let me rethink that. Seems FX stuff is all going to Hulu.

I’ll re-evaluate!

But it is also missing FX, FXX and FXM which are important... Uh, let me rethink that. Seems FX stuff is all going to Hulu.

Yep in March, all the catalog content plus new shows are next day airing.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Looked. Don’t have Fox or ABC here, but that would be OK as I can get them via OTA. But it is also missing FX, FXX and FXM which are important... Uh, let me rethink that. Seems FX stuff is all going to Hulu.

I’ll re-evaluate!

Yep in March, all the catalog content plus new shows are next day airing.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

FuboTV doesn't have local ABC anywhere (along with ESPN and all the other Disney-owned channels, like FX).

FX/FXX on demand content is going to Hulu (much of it already has) and a couple new shows originally slated to air on the linear FX channels have been moved to air exclusively on Hulu, but the FX channels will continue to be carried by services like YouTube TV, and current FX shows will continue to have their new seasons air via the linear channels.

Has anyone ever seen the message "We're working on it, and will be back soon" in the middle of the screen when switching to a channel? The message appears with a frozen picture on the screen. After a few minutes I gave up waiting.

It happened on Fox News and Fox Business. Other channels are OK.

Has anyone ever seen the message "We're working on it, and will be back soon" in the middle of the screen when switching to a channel? The message appears with a frozen picture on the screen. After a few minutes I gave up waiting.

It happened on Fox News and Fox Business. Other channels are OK.

LOL. I've only seen this on DirecTV. ;)

Well let’s see how an hour rain delay works out on YTTV for the NASCAR Duels tonight. I just opened the recording to catch up to live and there is an hour rain delay for the first race.

Worked perfect. I could see the first recording being automatically extended while I was catching up.

Lately, I've been observing how this happens in real time while watching my hometeam's college basketball games. I start watching the game while its recording an hour after its start time so I can fastforward through commercials, timeouts, and halftime. When I fastforward, I see the end time on the progress bar while the game is still live. Once it gets past the normally scheduled two-hour mark, the time is extended in ten-minute increments. Sometimes this makes me nervous, as I wonder if it means the game went into overtime. lol When the game is over, the recording's end time is reset to the actual final length of the recording, including any post game interviews.

Reactions: osu1991

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)