The YouTube TV Thread

Sounds nice in the moment, but D* was without locals in dozens of major markets for a couple weeks not even 2 years ago.
I hold no delusions that any given TV service won't experience temporary or permanent channel losses at some point over contract disputes. The reason I switched from my much preferred YTTV was because of the loss of Bally Sports and Tennis Channel.

Reactions: meStevo
This line is very misleading, as YTTV makes it sound like their customers will come out ahead with the $10 discount + $5 for Peacock while still having access to the same content. Peacock only replaces most broadcast prime time shows available next day (The Blacklist one week), a limited selection of shows next day from their cable channels, Sunday Night Football, some EPL, WWE, and coverage of a few other minor sports. You won't get any of their cable news content (other than highlight clips), your local NBC affiliate, and, well, pretty much everything else. And of course you can't record and watch without commercials unless you pay $10/mo.

It really depends on what you watch whether that would be an adequate replacement.
Just checked, and Peacock doesn't include any of the news services. Those are on the NBC app and it requires a provider link. (I unlinked it temporarily to verify this). There is no way to subscribe directly

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Just checked, and Peacock doesn't include any of the news services. Those are on the NBC app and it requires a provider link. (I unlinked it temporarily to verify this). There is no way to subscribe directly

Also EPL games those who live on NBCSN/USA/CNBC are not part of Peacock. At least 4 EPL games/week live on those network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CyberSpock
Interesting. NBC wanted YouTube TV to bundle Peacock. That would have made customers pay for NBC content twice. That demand was dropped and now it's down to money.

If NBC/Comcast had any intelligence, they should just let YTTV ( and all the other Cable/Sat. providers) just have access to the Ad version of Peacock at no cost, then they could up Commercial Rates based on the increase of viewers, at least until Peacock really gets going, right now they do not have that many paying for it.

From my postings, people here should know I subscribe to a lot of these services and I have no desire to get Peacock, if part of my YTTV service ( at no extra costs) I would at least give it a try.

I'd get Peacock if I didn't have YTTV, and I'd not have YTTV if I could get good OTA reception at my house without putting up a 40' tower.

I'll probably drop Peacock once my promo year is up in November (I got a year of Premium for $25 and then I started paying $5/mo for commercial free, mainly because of the promised access to Olympic coverage when the service launched in late spring 2020). There are several shows in my queue I'm interested in that I missed first time around (Project Blue Book, Vikings, Friday Night Lights), but they just aren't that high of a priority and some are available on other services (I can resume Ray Donovan next time I have Showtime). It's more the time investment than the money one. I'd probably get much more out of Disney+ or Hulu at this point.

I just looked at what I had in my YTTV library if NBC pulls out. I had Manifest and Debris, both canceled. La Brea was terrible (it's a guarantee they will cancel it). That leaves Blacklist. I watch that seasonally and can wait till it comes on Netflix. Syfy shows Twilight Zone (1959) which I occasionally watch but it's on Paramount+. The only sports I watch is soccer. I do watch CNBC. The latter is the only thing I'd miss. 10 dollars more for that? If that's the choice I'd personally dump it.

Edit: if they do negotiate something I'd not want a raised the price for this.

I just looked at what I had in my YTTV library if NBC pulls out. I had Manifest and Debris, both canceled. La Brea was terrible (it's a guarantee they will cancel it). That leaves Blacklist. I watch that seasonally and can wait till it comes on Netflix. Syfy shows Twilight Zone (1959) which I occasionally watch but it's on Paramount+. The only sports I watch is soccer. I do watch CNBC. The latter is the only thing I'd miss. 10 dollars more for that? If that's the choice I'd personally dump it.

Edit: if they do negotiate something I'd not want a raised the price for this.

The Blacklist episodes are odd in that you have to wait a full week for them to appear on Peacock (for all other prime time shows, it's next day). CNBC content is not available on Peacock, so you can definitely save your $10. But if you're a hardcore trader and live and die by what Jon and Pete Najarian say on Halftime Report, there's always CNBC Pro for $30/mo. lol

My local NBC station is not owned by NBC, so I assume I won't lose that?

I believe local NBC stations owned by NBC are the one’s at issue.
Other NBC locals that are owned by other companies should be fine and would have a different contract.

I have heard that they have agreed to a short term extension... so we shouldn't lose these channels this weekend

Last edited:
I believe local NBC stations owned by NBC are the one’s at issue.
Other NBC locals that are owned by other companies should be fine and would have a different contract.
That is what I would have expected, based on how Dish & DirecTV do disputes, but the article I linked said the following:

"WRAL is not a part of these negotiations, but our channel could still be removed by YouTube TV as part of the dispute."

Sounds like this contract is a bit different than what we are used to.

Looks like the extension was only until tonight:
I was billed on September 25th. I wonder if they will prorate and reflect that in the next bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)