Thinking about coming back to dish from directv

How many terabytes of EHDs do you have with Dish? Do you like the Hopper AND its iPad transfers? Dish Anywhere of value to you?

They've got me. If finances force me, I'll be down to 120 and a single Hopper, and watching those hours of EHD and Roku etc. But they have me. I'm "sticky." And happy. If prices or income force hard choices, see the second sentence of this paragraph.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hanover Pretzel...Try posting your novellas in the morning. Too much for this time of night.;)

Hey guys I'm looking into my options too. One thing holding me back, will Dish ever have SNY or YES. ? Has their been any talks about it?

You are chasing prices. In any given year the price of DTV or Dish will change and close in on each other. There is a small pocket of us left who believe in loyality
and don't chase rainbows to save $5.00. Its a little known fact that if you keep changing, after awhile all of the cable and satellite providers will put you on a list.
No bargains. No thrills . No deals.
Ten years from now, the pricing won't matter. Be loyal. Be strong. Go Dish!!

I could not disagree with you more. I have been a 13+ year Dish customer. At one time they even offered a free month if you prepaid a yr in advance. ( I did that) I dont upgrade equipment much either (currently running 722 systems) I only have it on two tvs. The last go around Dish did not want to give me the two 722s. When I started with Dish there was a great bang for the buck over cable. Also I had a DVR in a built in system which was a huge benefit for me. I get the 250 pack. My home owners association many yrs ago got in bed with Comcast. So no matter what I am paying approx 30 a month to them for nothing I am using. My current Dish bill is an eye popping 157 a month which goes to 167 a month in a few weeks. Under a Direct Tv Costco program I will get a 200 gift card and according to my calculations save more than $1200.00 (+200) over a 2 yr period. That is no small amount. I contact Dish and they wanted to be pretty tight with me and offer me Hopper + install cost. After telling them I am leaving they say Ok we will charge you only $100 for Hopper with Sling and maybe we will waive install charges. They must think I am a sucker and like getting ripped off. I know many here are the top payers (premium customers) but in this economy can anyone tell me how many customers are all in at 167 a month? I represent more than $4000 to Dish over the next 24 months and they want to play hardball with me? I always told people that Dish was the better value. Certainly Dish has done well with the technology end of things. They had a number of service disruptions (AMC etc) and they have given me little even though I paid for that stuff. As another poster mentioned there is no need for customer loyalty. This new IPAD offer to new customers rubs salt in me further. A new customer can come it at 50 a month and get the IPAD. A s a customer I represent about 3X that base customer. I have always paid on time and then some. A few times over the yrs my credit card got stopped due to security issues and when Dish tries to auto bill they get a refusal. Do you know you get 5-6 or more automated calls a day telling you to pay up or else? At one time there was some money incentive to auto pay and at some point they took that away. Frankly I think overall the sat companies should be sweating. I think the landscape will really be different. The bundling of these channels could be doomed as customers go to other technologies. Younger people are more likely to go to netflix and others rather than a cable or sat system IMHO. And I should have bee switching every 2 yrs approx with dish/direct. And maybe even try to squeeze a deal from Comcast along the way. Even though their DVR system is pretty limited.

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger and I will be getting dish installed Saturday with top 250 a hopper and three joeys. My with will be happy now that she can use each tv like a dvr compared to direct.

Congrats on the order! I think you will be happy, though I would have picked 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys instead with our household watching patterns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)