Thinking about coming back, what DVR and accessories do I need if...

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
I have my router/internet connection in the bedroom (none in the living room) but want my HD DVR in the living room.

I don't need HD in the bedroom. SD will suffice.

Can the installer figure out something to get me internet access for PPV & On Demand in the living room or am I out of luck?

I'm trying to keep my extra fees as low as possible, therefore not really considering the Hopper. But the 722 doesn't have wireless correct? Wish it did.

Any input you could give me would be great.

Also, I have a Dish 500 from a year and half ago. Will they use that one or install one of those new black dishes?

Thanks!

Dish has a wireless adapter for the 722 that costs $25. Probably could even get a free one from them.

A dish 500 won't get HD so you'll need the 1000.2 or 1000.4.

Where would I look for one of these and the OTA adapter as well?
OTA adapter are you talking about an OTA tuner module? If that is what you are talking about that is just for the 722k. You can buy that thru E or look for one on ebay. I wouldn't purchase one of the modules till you find out if you have a 722k. If they bring out a 722 it has a single OTA tuner built into it.

The ota module for the 722k gives you 2 ota tuners. The wifi dongle is usb. You also might want to look into the Sling Adapter. With that, you will also be able to watch your dvr from any computer/mobile device. All can be connected through a powered usb hub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)