Thinking about coming back...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Allin4greeN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Lancaster County
I was with D* about 6 or 7 years ago. Since then I've been an E* sub and have been happy with a 622 (HD/DVR), 211 (HD), and HD/AEP/Locals.

I'm not a service provider jumper but, recent developments have caused me to take a closer look at returning to D* (no, it's not just the HD race prompting my reaction :D).

So, I'm looking at the following equipment and packages and would appreciate some feedback from the forum. TIA.

Two room two HDTV set-up:
1 HR20 (I want my OTA so, no HR21 for me)
1 H20 (I think this is the non DVR HD STB?)
Premier Package
HD Extra Pack

I've read through several threads on returning customer promotions and think that I might be able to swing a deal on start-up costs for $100 or less, with 2 year commitment. I'm also aware of various fees associated with the above equipment and programming; HD Access Fee, DVR Service Fee, Lease Fee, and I'd probably add the Protection Plan for at least few months.

Total costs look like ~140.00/month, taxes included. This is within a $1 or $2 of what I'm paying E* right now. I realize that I'll also be able to negotiate some type of promotional deal on programming but, like I said before, I'm not interested in constantly jumping back and forth so, I like to look at the bottom line monthly costs, after any promotional periods expire.

My questions:
1) Can I get an HR20 instead of HR21 for installation without visiting BB?
2) I'll be located in either south central or south eastern PA (moving is a factor in my decision to switch). Any recommendations/references for a retail installer in this area who can help negotiate the following type of deal? $100 or less start-up installation costs, ~40% off programming for 3 months, ~30% off programming for 4th-6th months, and ~15% off for 7th-12th months.
3) What are some of the hot button topics/problems/issues with D* these days?
4) Any other feedback on possibly returning to the D* fold?

Many thanks if you've read my lengthy post and offer a response!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts