Thinking about Direct: Qusetions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oncewaslost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Are UHF remotes available on the HD DVR's or standard HD receivers?
I notice that all receivers still have composite audio and video outputs. Are these active simultaneously with the hdmi?

I have a channelplus modulator to distribute tv to some places in the house (such as hobby room) for catching news or keeping tabs on a game. Currently I run composite from my standard dish dvr to the modulator to achieve this. UHF remotes allow me to just have a spare remote in these rooms.

I am interested in whole home dvr but cannot justify extra receivers in these few locations.

Yes, you can ger RF/IR combo remotes, I think they come with them, mine did.
Also, all the outputs are active at the same time. Which means you can feed one tv with HDMI, one with component, ect. Keep in mind that all of them will output the same thing though.'

I highly recommend going with the multi room option, works great.

I recently switched from D* to E*. Most D* HDDVRs have built in RF receivers and come with an IR/Rf selectable remote. I don't think the D* RF has as much range or wall penetrating capability as the E* UHF remotes but they will still go thru an insulated floor or a few walls. The D* HDDVSs don't have an RF out like the E* ones. I used the RCA outputs and an RF modulator to feed remote TVs. Try to get the 24/25/34 series receivers if possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)