Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
If you are thinking about signing up for DirecTV we urge you to wait a few days.

Details are coming SOON on the best deal on new DirecTV service ANYWHERE!

Stay tuned!

Interesting,

I was seriously thinking of calling today to switch from E* to D*.
I guess I'll be waiting a few days now.

I just cancelled our install yesterday after 8 different promises for them to contact us and arrange an install. Told them that before we try another service (or stay with Cox) we'll reconsider our desire for DirecTV.

So in short, my ears are peeled :)

Scott your a tease:hungry: lol I have been waiting on something like this. Been trying to decide between E@ D,maybe this news on D will be the clincher

Wouldn't it be nice if D* occasionally threw us "old farts" - who have been with them for years - a nice incentive package similar to what the "young whipper snappers" who are just now joining the HD Revolution are offered? :luvlove:

If you are thinking about signing up for DirecTV we urge you to wait a few days.

Details are coming SOON on the best deal on new DirecTV service ANYWHERE!

Stay tuned!

Any way to get a preview of what may be offered. You could give your Pub Members a sneak peak if you know something. :D

thanks Scott, I have been making plans for a few weeks now. I was waiting to see about the upgrade to the mpeg4 to see if the picture quality improves on the SD channels too.

I hope to have the full details up on Mondy or Tuesday. I just got wind of this special offer for SatelliteGuys members this afternoon.

They are still working on the special landing page for us to get this offer. Again this will be the best deal ANYWHERE for new customers on DirecTV.

I love saving you guys money! :)

Hey Scott, how about working on us a special deal on a second ( or third ) HR20 at a great price? :hungry:

Hang in there guys Rome was not built in a day. :)

But I will see what I can do.

Doors are starting to open. :D

I hope to have the full details up on Mondy or Tuesday. I just got wind of this special offer for SatelliteGuys members this afternoon.

They are still working on the special landing page for us to get this offer. Again this will be the best deal ANYWHERE for new customers on DirecTV.

I love saving you guys money! :)

How about us EXISTING subs ?

Jimbo

Yes, I'm excited about satellite television again. I paid $ 1 K or so on the first day, first hour it SD-satellite TV went on sale about 15 years ago. It was great back then. Dropped it ten years ago when everything became so compressed. Am really looking forward to reliving the excitement, IF there is a REASONABLE expectation that Liberty will treat us with more respect than the deposed dictorial regime. Are the new owners going to foist off a hundred HD-lite channels on uninformed consumers or will we get something comparable to OTA-HD? Here in Seattle I've been hearing of current gripes about lip synch on the HD satellite service. So Scott, I'm ready to pony up if there is a REASONABLE attitude from the new management.

By the way, recently I've been enjoying a few of the FTA-satellite channels and a few pay-globecast channels from Galaxy 25 (telestar 5). So my appetite and thirst have been teased with evidence that satellite TV can be great.

Thanks for your time. What I'm really trying to say is that quality matters more to me than price (or quantity).

Yes, I'm excited about satellite television again. I paid $ 1 K or so on the first day, first hour it SD-satellite TV went on sale about 15 years ago. It was great back then. Dropped it ten years ago when everything became so compressed. Am really looking forward to reliving the excitement, IF there is a REASONABLE expectation that Liberty will treat us with more respect than the deposed dictorial regime. Are the new owners going to foist off a hundred HD-lite channels on uninformed consumers or will we get something comparable to OTA-HD? Here in Seattle I've been hearing of current gripes about lip synch on the HD satellite service. So Scott, I'm ready to pony up if there is a REASONABLE attitude from the new management.

By the way, recently I've been enjoying a few of the FTA-satellite channels and a few pay-globecast channels from Galaxy 25 (telestar 5). So my appetite and thirst have been teased with evidence that satellite TV can be great.

Thanks for your time. What I'm really trying to say is that quality matters more to me than price (or quantity).

IMO I don't think we'll ever see PQ as good as it was in the mid 90's when all of this started. Too much money to be made with quantity, and too few folks care about quality as long as they can gets lots of channels cheap. Nevermind that it looks like UHF from the old days, as long as its cheap and they get lots of channels.

HD is going down the same road with HD Lite at lower resolution and bitrate. MPEG4 has the means to correct this, but will either of the two US providers resist the temptation to lower the resolution and bitrate of their MPEG4 HD so they can squeeze in a few more home shopping channels in HD?

Past results indicate NO. HD Lite is the way it will be from now on. So if you're planning on buying a TV, and staying with satellite, might as well buy a 720p dsiplay and save yourself some cash, IMO.

Scott, bring on the 100.00 HR20! :up:D:)

Past results indicate NO. HD Lite is the way it will be from now on. So if you're planning on buying a TV, and staying with satellite, might as well buy a 720p dsiplay and save yourself some cash, IMO.

I don't think you will be seeing much HD lite as you guys have named it once the MPEG4 channels come out... With the mpeg4 technology they should be able to put all their channels up at what ever resolution and not have a problem.

As for the 720 display, I have one and was tempted to go to the1080p panel.

I currently have a Sony 60' XBR (950 I think it is).
I am considering going with another 720 panel as well, but looking at the 1080p as well.
Currently looking at the new Pioneer Elite 60" coming out shortly. (plasma, I've never has a plasma ... I seen they have come a long ways since the beginning of plasma HD in a few short years.

Also waiting to see what Sony has up thier sleeve for this year or next.

Jimbo

DirecTV's MPEG4 Locals that I get look JUST AS GOOD as they do via Over The Air.

Thats gives me great hope about the HD future of DirecTV's HD service. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)